Chapter 16 - Jealousy At Its Finest

Începe de la început

"Because, every senior is going, the trip lasts for a week and there will be no teachers or parents to stop us from doing whatever we do."

"I don't know, sounds fun but at the same time a bad idea."

"If you come, I'll tell you who I like right now."

"Really?!?" I close my locker and turn to him excitement lighting my features.

"Yes, really."

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going."

"I like Regina."

"YES I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!" I shout jumping up and down.

"RILEY SHUT UP!" Hunter whisper-yells.

"Sorry, okay, oh my gosh, I'm excited, I'm playing Cupid!!!!!"

"Riley, I swear, if you get involved in all this I will-"

"You'll what?" Jacob asks cutting off Hunter and slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, you'll what Hunter? Do anything stupid and my knight in shining armour might have to beat you up," I smirk leaning into Jacob.

He shoots me a glare before turning to Jacob, "please tell your girlfriend she's really annoying."

Before Jacob can say anything to me, I speak up loud enough for Hunter to hear, "Jacob, please tell Hunter, ditto."

Hunter turns to me, "if you tell anybody about her-"

"I won't, I won't," I say cutting him off.

"You better not."

"See you in 2nd period," I sing waving him off.

"What was that about?" Jacob asks as we walk side by side through the hallway.

"Nothing, what've you got first period?" I ask changing the topic.

"Same as you."

"Same as me? Are you in my Science class?"

"I don't know whether to feel offended or not."

"I guess, I never noticed you."

"Ouch."

"Aww, did I bruise your big ass ego?"

Ignoring my comment he walks into class and sits at our lab bench all the way at the back as I sit beside Hunter and talk to him waiting for class to start.

"Oh hey Regina," I say as I see her out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey Riley!" She chirps giving me a quick hug. I get out of her seat sending Hunter a knowing smile and join Jacob at the lab bench just as he finishes up his conversation with Duke, a close friend of mine and also a member of the soccer team.

"Hi Riley," Duke says sending me a smile. I return the favour as we launch into a conversation on the latest Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy.

"The best part was when he was winding the middle finger up and down as they were taking his mug shot," I laugh as Duke reenacts the part perfectly.

"Okay, class, go to your seats, class will be starting in two minutes," Miss Dunbar says walking into class.

Duke and I continue to talk ignoring everybody else until Jacob decides to interrupt the conversation.

"Duke, shouldn't you be getting back to your lab partner, Zac?" Jacob glares at Duke.

"Nah, don't wanna interrupt Zac's conversation with Amy," Duke says looking over his shoulder at them. I laugh as I watch Zac try to tell Amy to get away from him.

"Class is about to start, I suggest you sit at your seat," Jacob says gritting his teeth.

Duke leaves without a word as I turn to Jacob, "what's Sophie doing this Saturday?"

"Nothing, why?" Jacob answers pissed.

"What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're annoyed."

"No I'm not."

"Umm, yeah, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Jacob, I'm not an idiot, why are you pissed?"

"I don't know, maybe because you were getting a little too close there with Duke," Jacob says turning to me.

"Class turn to page 48 in your textbook!" Miss Dunbar says.

"All I did was talk to him! Is that so wrong?" I whisper turning to the page.

"It wasn't until you stared flirting with him!"

"I didn't flirt with him!"

"Yeah, you did."

"Okay, fine, maybe I did, but only a little! It's not like the conversation was gonna go anywhere anyways."

"That was not a little."

"Why do you care anyways? You're the one that said we could flirt with whoever when you laid down the rules for the bet."

"I thought it'd only benefit me!"

"Of course you did, you selfish jerk!"

"Look, if you stop flirting with other guys, I'll stop flirting with other girls....not that I have been anyways," I hear him mutter the last bit to himself but decide to ignore it because I know it doesn't mean anything.

"No way, you can't change the rules 8 days into the bet!"

"Why not?"

"Why would you anyways? Since when have you ever cared about who I've flirted with?" I ask my voice rising.

"I've always cared about who you've flirted with!" He shouts slamming his textbook shut capturing the attention of everyone in the room except the teacher.

"Why? I hate you, you hate me! Why would you care if I flirted with somebody else?"

"Because!" He shouts standing up, this time grabbing the attention of the teacher.

"What is going on?" Miss Dunbar asks.

Ignoring her, I stand up too, "because what?!"

"Because I'm insanely jealous!" He shouts grabbing his things and stalking out of the room.

The room falls silent and after a silent debate with myself on whether I should follow him or not, I grab my things and leave the classroom as well.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

OH MY FREAKING GOSH, HI!

IT'S BEEN 13 DAYS SINCE I LAST UPLOADED A CHAPTER AND I'M EXTREMELY SORRY BUT I'VE GOT A GOOD REASON, I'VE STARTED WATCHING BIG BROTHER US SEASON 16 BECAUSE FRANKIE GRANDE AKA MY FAVOURITE SINGER'S BROTHER AND THE MOST FUNNIEST GAY PERSON ON EARTH IS ON IT AND I'M SO ADDICTED, LIKE I WANT DERRICK TO WIN BECAUSE HE'S AN EVIL GENIUS.

I'm also re-watching the first season of Teen Wolf because Dylan O'brien is life and I can't wait for The Maze Runner ( I'm going to watch it tomorrow!!! I'm so excited ) so don't be surprised if the next chapter is uploaded in a month.

So Hunter likes Regina!! I'd just like to say that it has always been Regina and that he never liked Riley. I'm sorry to those who shipped Hunter and Riley but I'd never make best friends fall in love.

Please vote and point out any typos!! Thank you for 15K reads, I love all of you xxx