Chapter One

P.O.V - Katie

      I sit on the couch as I watch the television with my sister Jenna. Well, were not really watching. We're really just sitting on the couch texting and going on social networks. But the TV is still on.

       My sister is 16. Very tall. About 6 feet. She has fiery red hair. Her gray eyes draw in so many gentlemen. That's how she got her boyfriend. She has a good mix between pale and tan skin. Her hair is wavy. Not curly nor straight. She has a style that I don't see in a whole lot of people. She has a punk rock vibe plus pretty princess. Right now she is wearing pajamas. Her method of pajamas are rock t-shirts and pink shorts.

I, on the other hand, I am 16. Pretty short. I have blond and straight hair. I haven't seemed to attract many people. I am pale. And I am plain. I am wearing pajamas too, but mine are just regular pajamas that you buy at the store.

        We're watching the news waiting for something interesting to come up. But I don't think that anything will because the show has been on for 45 minutes and nothing has happened. I hear the doorbell ring.

"You get it." Jenna says.

"Kay." I say back.

I open the door and there stands Jenna's boyfriend, Jerad, and his friend, Alex.

        Jerad is 17 also. Jerad is tall and muscular. He is tan. He as brown short hair. Lets just say that if he were mine that I would call him sexy.

        Now Alex, is 17 also. (I am the youngest) He is also sexy. He has blond hair like me. Skin like Jenna's. He is always so kind. Wears jeans and vintage shirts.

"Hey Katie." Jerad says.

"Hey." I say back.

"Can we come in?" Jerad says softly.

"Sure." I answer. "Jenna! Your boyfriend's here."

Jenna walks over to Jerad and takes his hand in hers.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey." He says back.

        We all walk over the the couches in the living room. Our living room is pretty big. Well, at least for a living room it is. It has two couches and one is smaller than the other. The carpet is fuzzy of some sort and dark gray. The walls are baby blue with brown letters on the wall that spell out "FaMiLy". The TV is in the corner so that we can all see it from whichever angle we want to. Next to it is a white wooden shelf that has hundreds of movies on it. If you look up you will see an arrangement of lights above your head. The lights can be controlled so you can turn the lighting down or up on them.

        When we get to the couches we sit down. I sit by Alex who is basically my best friend in the whole world, besides my sister, and Jenna sits by her boyfriend Jerad.

"Why are you here?" I ask them.

"Because we want to hang out." Alex says like it obvious. (Which it is.)

"What do you want to do?" Jenna asks.

"I don't know." Jerad implies.

"Movie?" Alex suggests.

        I look around nobody's shaking their head or nodding or saying a yes or a no so I decide it's time for court.

"All in favor of watching a movie say 'aye'" I say.

"Aye."

"Aye."

"Aye."

"Okay then." I say. "Now we just need to decide what to choose.