Chapter 16

NOTE: Clarification, Little Daniel and Big Daniel aren't one person switching in two bodies for this fan fiction.

x

What the hell was I thinking?

I feel like I've been living a lie for almost a week.

I was too heartbroken to let alone open the invitation. If I just did, I would've known it was Little Daniel getting engaged to Crystal beforehand. I feel so stupid for myself. I joined the table where Vasco and the group was and it was 30 mins since I arrived. [Big] Daniel is still up to the front, speaking some congratulatory speech for his best pal, Little Daniel and it has been also 30mins that I shoved myself at the table, all wobbly. Things come to me in a way I didn't expect it and it hits me like CRAP.

"Lighten up, Jay," Vasco patted my back as he poured wine to my glass. "How about.. Drink to refresh your mind up, no?" I gave him a grin and took the glass in between my fingers, having a sip. Ooh, this wine's stingy on the throat. "Thanks, I haven't really had a drink with somebody else so..." I responded, leaving all of them who heard me speak blank for a second. "What the fu--" Zack was about to cuss when everybody clapped, intruding our conversation. "Wow, what an emotional speech. These two have been living together for years and now little Daniel is going to live with somebody else now. Thank you for that wonderful speech, now let us call the parents.." I suddenly felt my heart race again. "That was a dramatic presentation, Daniel. I almost cried because it was melancholic." Zack pretended to wipe his fake tears, mocking him. "Sure, if that's what you think it is," He chuckles. "Anyways, is this seat taken? May I join this table?" Everybody quickly nodded but since they realized I was there, they all turned their head to me. "What?" I nervously muttered. "I'm fine, I don't bother." I can't look him in the eye. ARGH. "Is that so?" He asks, pulling the chair for him to sit on. "Yeah.."

...and the awkward atmosphere took over our table. He was looking straight to me, just how he darts his eyes on me like he's taking my clothes of with just watching. "O-Oh so Daniel was that speech impromptu--"

"So, How have you been?" He totally ignored Mira? And is he talking to me? "Who else do you think I'm asking?" It is me. Badump. Badump. There goes my heart. "Wait, who the heck am I kidding. I kind of forgot you don't speak much-"

"I'm fine." I cutted him off. "Actually, I'm getting ready for my doctorate exam." His eyes spoke in surprise, though it didn't take long before his eyes went easy on me. "Impressive." Awkward silence went rolling. I tried to construct a topic for all of us to relate to.. and there I saw Zoe. She was on her seat looking so gloomy. "Zoe has been really depressed ever since she was informed that Little Daniel is getting engaged with Crystal." Vasco whispered into my ear, though loud enough for everybody on the table to hear. "It was all surprising anyways. We got to meet Little daniel on the convenient store he's working at, we even had soju and ramen. He didn't mention anything about the engagement, so it was pretty shocking." Mira added. "It's gonna be okay, Zoe. Time will pass by and eventually you wouldn't realized you already had moved on.." I tried to sound apologetic, I swear. "Yeah sure, Jay." She replies. "But have you ever been so in love for you *hic* to say such things?" Was I shooting stones wrong? But yes I have and it's with this punk whose giving me a hard time right now, to answer that question but ofcourse I kept it inside my head to avoid mass confusion. "Let her be, she came in drunk. Let her sober up a bit and she'll be fine." Jace said, grabbing a handful of chips from the bowl on the center. "By the way, since when have you started to speak?" He suddenly turns to ask me. "Yeah, It's quite surprising to hear your manly voice without stuttering." I gave them a weak smile before I answered.. though Daniel is making things hard for me because he just won't take his eyes OFF ME. "I had a speech therapy recently.. I had to consider it since I have to talk to my patients more in detail if I want to maintain them from consulting with me and not have a thought of choosing others." They all listened to me as if they were kids from kindergarten. This is so embarrassing yet entertaining. "Speech therapy, is that even a thing?" Zack asks, putting a finger inside his nose. "It is, idiot." It's when Vasco and him gotten into a childlish argument. It made me cheery a bit though. Just like the old days.. "Cool though--"

"Why did you run away that night?" And just suddenly when everything was going well.. what's gotten into him? We stared at eachother in this weird tension. "S-so who wants to grab more snacks at the bar?"

"Me." All of them said in chorus and in a hurry they left. So it was only me and Daniel left in the table. He was staring deeply into me as try to avoid his sharp gaze. He leaned forward, resting his chin on his palm. "Answer me." He snaps. "I-I don't know what you're talking about--"

"We both know what I'm talking about. Answer me, and this time," his eyes suddenly went soft. "..don't run away."