Chapter 10

"Sir Jay," He says. "At last I found you."

Who the hell... is he?

"I've been looking for a Doctor named Jay but nobody pointed your clinic was at the top floor. My boss' fiancé, told me to give you this." He grabs an invitation out of his small bag and gave it to me. 

"The soon to be married couples are expecting for your presence, and the rest of your department, at least from what I remembered they told me to tell you. Anyhow, have a pleasant Evening sir, I'll be going." He turns to leave, but I grabbed his arm to stop him. He looked back with an interrogating look. 

"W-who.. s-sent?" I asked, raising the invitation up. "Oh, Right. Sir Daniel Park told me to. Do you have anymore questions?" I slowly shook my head sideways, taking my grip off his arm as he nodded and left.

I just stood there on the spot, staring at the invitation, not knowing what to do. 

I don't know if I should be mad because he invited me to their engagement party or sad because I don't even have the right. 

Since he didn't even know I like him.. or he was playing like he didn't? 

That night, the feelings were very obvious, how could he not tell? This fucking love that haunts me even after years? 

He isn't that insensitive, isn't he? But what the hell am I doing, it won't even matter anymore.

He's getting engaged, Jay fucking Hong wake the hell up from reality and move on! 

I frustratingly pulled my hair and had tantrums right in front of my clinic, well that was until my phone rung.

[ non-verbatim ]

Jay:
Kitae: (sobs) J-Jay..
Jay: (confused)
Kitae: My Crystal.. is getting engaged! (Aggressive sobbing)
Jay: (is he drunk)
Kitae: I'm gonna suicide, my love of my life!! Married that fucking bastard! I am way more richer and good looking that him, no offense at all!
Jay: (you're always so full of yourself stfu)
Kitae: Why aren't you responding?? Do you not care for your older brother's heart break?
Jay: (tbhI'm having more of a hard time than you are)
Kitae: (hiccups) oh right, you're hell of a mute person.. but thank you for listening--- (thump)
Background voices: (worried) sir? Sir wake up! Oh no, he's so drunk he's unconcious!
Jay: (fuck)

+

I can't believe I drove all the way from my clinic to a far away bar from Seoul just to pick up this bastard who over drunk because he's heart broken.

I look at him grimacing through the rear view. He was on the back, looking so shit-faced.

 I rolled my eyes at him and focused on driving. "J-Jay.." He calls in a sleepy tone. "Why are you always mute? Can you learn how to speak? You're so quiet." I didn't respond but he knows I'm listening. 

"Learn to speak, so you can speak for your own feelings.. I know you're heart broken too." My annoyance suddenly faded after he said that. 

"I just felt like saying it. As if you're me and I'm you."

He's really drunk and much more stupid.

The annoyance that faded a minute ago came back quickly as I expected. I dropped him off his unit and I guess he'd be okay with Joy.

As I was driving to back home, I thought of what Kitae told me.

"Learn to speak, so you can speak for your feelings.."

He has a point. Which reminded me of the contact card Vin Jin gave me days ago. 

Should I reconsider it? It won't hurt if I give it a shot, right? Since tomorrow is a weekend anyways.

I might get the chance to scream "Stop the Marriage! I should be the bride." during his Wedding ceremony. 

Haha, Kidding!