;Wings | F.I. x Reader | Wings AU! | (2/2)

Start from the beginning

"And what are we supposed to do? Let them be there, lost, outside? To be judged by people? Suffer, be judged, discriminated?" She says and I find myself at the lack of an answer, just looking back at her. "That's it. Now, let's go." She starts walking again and I do the same.

"Why don't we have wings anymore?" I ask.

"As I mentioned, they have a better immune system, don't they? Seems like there was some kind of disease that forced our species to evolve without the wings, nothing we should worry about." She waves a hand. I press my lips together, fighting against the urge of arguing. We stop in in the same room we got out of, where I woke up. Now, a tray with food is placed over the nightstand. "If you excuse me, I've got some work to do and someone will be here to take care of you later." The woman says before leaving.

Her footsteps echo as she walks down the hall, until they're not heard anymore.

I inspect the room - I haven't seen a window this whole time. I stand there for a moment before - fuck everything - running out of the there and starting to look for Frank.

.

"I finally found you!" I exclaim quietly as I enter a room and see Frank against a wall with metal bracelets holding him there.

"What are you doing here?" He asks rudely.

"I came to save you!"

"Why are you so stupid? I'm getting out of here alone." He says and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Nah, you won't, listen-"

"I'm sick of you being kind and all! It's annoying! Leave me be!" His expression would have scared and convinced me if I hadn't seen his other side and wasn't so determined to get him out of there.

"The stupid one here is you!" I snap, "I'm trying to help, okay? Why are you so rude out of nowhere?"

"I'm not rude out of nowhere," He mocks me, "I just remembered about myself."

"Thanks for the wound." I give him a bored look. "But I'm sure you aren't that way, or else you wouldn't have been so soft when you had your memories erased. It's something psychological, you're creating-"

"Won't you shut up? The one without memories wasn't the real me. It doesn't matter what I did then, it wasn't me in full consciousness."

"If this rude idiot was you, you wouldn't need any info to act like this." I say putting my hands on my hips, "You're being an ass because you want to. Stop being arrogant and let me help." I start looking around for a way to get him out of there. I ignore his complaints and ask, "Do you have superpowers or some shit?" I say hurried. He disagrees and I ask, "Your feathers, do they do something? Cut?"

"Do you think I'm a god or something?" Frank raises an eyebrow.

"I think you're an ungrateful annoying asshole that doesn't want to collaborate." I reply sassily and he sighs, starting to move and pulling himself out of the metal strips. He steps towards me and stands in front of me with a smile. I widen my eyes at him, "Y-you could do this the whole time and yet continued like this?"

"I wanted to see your pretty face in exasperation." He smirks. I resist to the urge of throwing my fist in his face and breaking his nose, I just narrow my eyes at him, twisting my mouth.

"C'mon then." I pull him along with me down the halls.

"Do you have a clue of where we're going?" He asks and I shake my head. "Good, now I'm in greater danger, being rescued by a girl who doesn't even-"

"Shut up, Frank! I want to help the both of us!" I say though gritted teeth, trying to look for the exit.

"What do you think about there?" He points towards an air vent.