Chapter 71: Nightmare or your conscience.

Start from the beginning

" Scarlett, I can't slow down; the brakes won't work. " Edward screamed in a panicked voice.

My eyes went wide; the brakes don't work my brain kept telling me.

" Scarlett, try to push me over to the dirt. "Edward screamed.

I looked to the right and I saw a dirt hill, it was to prevent situations like this one. I tried kicking him over to it, but he was heavy, and he seemed to go faster.

Before I could even understand what was happening my brother gained speed on me and on the street in front of us, a car was coming up. I then focused myself on stopping and that's when I heard a crash, a slam and a crack.

I instantly got off the motorcycle and ran towards the sound and I saw the pink dirt bike under the wheels of the car that was having smoke coming off it.

The man who had been driving had his window shattered, he seemed to be fine, but I didn't care about that I just wanted to see my brother.

I turned around to look at people surrounding something, and I walked faster towards it. I pushed in between people till I saw something on the floor with wide opened eyes, scratches on his face and bones twisted in a funny way. I felt all the color off my face drain.... My brother....

I could hear a beep sound in my ears and the world stopping. I ran to him, to my brother. " Edward! " I yelled as I dropped on my knees and shook him.

" Edward. " I kept yelling with tears in my eyes.

I turned to look at the people and I could see they were already calling the police.

I kept shaking my brother. I was breaking down.

"EDWARD!!" I screamed.

I went to touch his pulse, but it was weak, his heart was stopping while mine was dropping. Soon the little pulse I had felt was gone.

Before I could make sure the pulse was really gone someone pulled me away while I screamed and cried. It was cold, and I was shivering. Soon I realized the snow falling on the road and around Edward was getting tainted in red, blood pooled around my brother. My jeans, shirt and hands had blood as well. I panicked, realizing the horrible truth...

" No let me go!! " I cried.

I soon saw sirens and cops surround us. I also noticed a cop had been the one holding me down.

I kept fighting with a broken heart. I was coming to understand the horrible truth.

This wasn't reality, it wasn't!!!

" MY BROTHER'S NOT DEAD, He's NOT DEAD!! " I screamed and wailed.,

*

*

End of flashback

I squeezed my eyes to stop the memories about that day, they ached and hurt.

" Stop. " I cried.

Why did I have to remember that day every time during Christmas days?

I opened my eyes to see Edward's hallucination up on my face.

" Did you use protection on Candice? " The Edward in front of me whispered and in a blink of an eye he vanished.

My eyes went wide and my heart started racing and bumping blood faster.

Had my nightmares been all about that?

Had it been my conscience all this time?

The small boy I saw at the company, had it been my conscience, desperately trying to tell me I still had someone?

Was it me who got me out of the fire? Did I deep down, know I had unfinished business?

Had all my nightmares tried telling me this, all this time?

My eyes went wide to where the hallucination of Edward had been seconds ago.

The question I did long ago to Edward echoed in my head.

Did you use protection on Candice?

But how could it be possible?

Candice should have said something...

How could I know if it was true?

Just then I felt water being spilled on my face and I looked up to meet a green forest like mine.