Chapter 10: A Beautiful Blonde

Nathaniel's POV

I banged the door to my office. I was riding my car towards my house when my parents called me. They were now expecting me to be in the company and that's where I was standing right now.

" Can you explain to me how I have a fiancée without my knowledge?" I asked.

My dad stood at the front chair... My chair!

Mom turned to look at us.

" Son we were going to go through this with you first, but Marisa got to it first, only she got it wrong." My father said.

" What makes you think I want to marry... What's her name? " I asked.

"You forgot so soon about her?" My dad asked with a hiss.

I shot him a disbelieving look. What? Suddenly I looked between him and mom.

" Nathaniel her name is Scarlett and no we don't want a forced marriage. " My mother said. Scarlett... Beautiful name, I thought.

I breathed softly and sat in the couch, in relief. I wouldnt marry her.

But then I felt tense.

I'm sorry mom. I do know her. I lied while my father kept giving me looks. I swallowed when he nodded. My mom didnt even notice.

"You do?" My mom asked all excited.

"How? Really? When? Well We want you to date her!" My mother shouted happily.

My mouth flew open and I turned to look at my father.

"Lydia I will speak to him!" My father said in a heavy voice.

I gulped. My mother nodded and soon it was just my father and I...

I instantly stood up.

"No. I just lied to mom. I know you and -"

"Yes, Nathaniel I want you to marry her!" My father interrupted me.

I grew pissed and I tightened my jaw.

" I came here today to tell you I won't marry her. Really you want me to marry Marisa's sister? She could be worse. " I hissed.

" Fine! " My father said.

Fine? Well that was easy.

My father stood up " I won't sign the company over to you, son. " My father stated.

I had my mouth hanged opened.

Dad started walking towards the door.

" Don't you think about me. I'm not ready to marry. Why would I get married?" I said in a begging tone.

" We think about you all the time that's why we are doing this. " My father announced.

Pff thinking about me my ass.

"Son, I think it's time for you to settle down, I want grandchildren before I die, so you will marry Scarlett."

" Dad didn't you hear me I won't marry her. I don't want to settle down, I'm too young for children. " I said in a whisper.

" Then the company can pass to your cousin Jonathan. " My father said.

I opened my mouth and stared wide eyed at him, Jonathan would bring the company down. In hell I would let Jonathan have MY COMPANY!!

" Okay I will. " I said. I saw my father smile.

I rolled my eyes. Marriage couldn't be that bad right?