9 . T O U C H E D

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ sɪᴘ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"I could not have been better received, to be honest."

My lie automatically convinced their ears, causing Jimin to smile widely before taking a sip of his coffee.

Since almost everybody had left the cafeteria in the past thirty minutes, Jimin had decided to stay there instead of occupying Jungkook's office to meet me and share some more words.

We're more comfortable here, don't you think?

Once Jungkook agreed with his doctor, Namjoon got up to leave and give Jungkook his seat, telling us that he still had got plenty of things to organize in his new unknown place and that, in fact, he liked to see Jimin again that time.

Long time no see, Doctor.

For a moment, I felt like Jimin hadn't liked to hear that phrase.

"I couldn't feel happier to hear such words directly from you, Miss Choi," Jimin said, pausing to glance at Jungkook sitting by my side. "Mr Jeon and I were worried about that one topic as we weren't sure whether you'd feel comfortable among our workers or not."

"I can understand." I nodded, answering Jimin's soft smile with a discreet one.

Jimin had a very sophisticated tone in his voice, a calm way of speaking, a smooth and pleasant accent. His perfume was the most recent version of the one Jungkook used, a soft attractive fragrance that gradually contaminated the air atoms we breathed.

Jimin had that one posture that comforts you, that gives you the chance to be yourself without thinking about too many manners.

The right words easily came into our conversation and Jimin managed to show interest in everything I made myself speak in front of them. He was that man that intimidates you at first, but that ends up revealing quite nice qualities.

However, somehow, the more I looked at him, the more I observed his way of grabbing the cup between his fingers and his firm way of moving, the more I saw Jungkook fitting in Jimin's shapes.

"Miss Ch-"

A low song loyally accompanied by a repetitive vibration suddenly made its way to our ears, interrupting Jimin's sentence.

"I apologise for the interruption." I mumbled as I noticed it was phone ringing.

"You may answer the call, Miss, no worries," Jimin said with a nod.

"Thank you, Doctor."

Reaching out for my phone on the table, I stopped when I unexpectedly noticed Jungkook had already grabbed it.

"Here, Miss." He whispered, closely looking into my brown eyes while holding my phone as his fingers deliberately waited for mine to accept it.

"Thank you, Sir."  I whispers back, smiling as I took my phone from his hand, bowing.

As I stood up, my eyes eyed the waiter behind the cafeteria counter, quietly observing us while drying a few red cups, his eyebrows slightly frowned.

I wondered if Jungkook knew about the rumours, the ones that victimized him and blamed me for uncertain ideas. I wondered if he distrusted me for everything he had seen being shared and posted, for the things he could have observed in the administrative office or on the day I had got drunk.