2 . S E D U C T I O N

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ɪ'ᴍ sᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ sᴄʜᴇᴅᴜʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

I got out as soon as Jihan parked the black car he had driven for an hour, the few people outside the huge building gradually glancing at me as I got closer to the entrance.

By their clothing with LIR.E written on the back, I understood they were all probably workers using their five minutes break to smoke and enjoy the free Wi-Fi to scroll through their media, except for one or two with a coffee in their hands wearing a suit. Those were probably higher in the hierarchy or something of that kind.

Before getting inside, I looked at the company. It looked smaller in the internet pictures. The building had an interesting design with peculiar tones of red perfectly matching the watermelon scent, many large windows, and that type of glass wall that won't let you see what's going on the other side unless you get in.

Locking the car, Jihan sped up to reach me and enter LIR.E, fixing his black usual suit and tie while walking over to the reception a few meters ahead.

"Is everything alright?" He asked and I shrugged, feeling his gaze on me as I avoided it.

"I did not need a secretary to run after me."

He understood.

"Look, I know you don't appreciate my presence, but it was your father who told me to accompany you. I'm merely following orders."

He sighed, finally looking away as I chose to keep my mouth quiet.

I wasn't there to argue about that again.

Reaching the reception, I allowed my fingers to lay on the counter, smiling at the woman with a high blonde ponytail behind it once she noticed us approaching her.

"Good morning, Miss. We have a meeting scheduled with the Human Resources..." I said, the woman's furrowed eyebrows making me hesitate.

She had probably recognized me.

"I don't think there's any meeting scheduled with the HRM for today but I'll check that." Then, she dragged her chair to the right, starting to tap on the white computer keyboard.

After a whole minute of attentive research, the young woman looked at me again, dragging her chair back to the initial place.

"I'm afraid you've got confused, Miss. The only meeting scheduled with them is in three days."

Raising my eyebrows, I looked at Jihan standing right by my side, whispering.

"Did you not receive an e-mail yesterday?"

"I did."

I was confused and the thought that it was all probably just a joke started to worry me. Could it be? Humans knew how to be so mean, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Could you tell me your name? Maybe I can find something." The woman intervened, slightly shrugging.

"Choi Minhyan."

She definitely hadn't recognized me before. Her instant reaction said that all.

"Oh. I see." She looked like she had suddenly spotted a ghost behind me. Her discomfort was notorious. "You have a meeting scheduled with Mr Jeon, not with the HRM."