Chapter 39

"Blue looks better on you," I said as I watched a young teenage girl examine herself in the mirror, spinning from side to side.

"You think so?" She smiled.

"Definitely," I said, sitting on a chair backwards.

"Yeah," she looked one last time. "I think so too."

"Great. Get changed and I'll ring you up." I stood and headed out towards the front where I saw at least ten customers looking at different clothes.

"I got some new hangers," Jamie came in, probably just starting her shift. Her purse was still dangling from her forearm.

"Good," I let out a sigh of relief. "The other ones were getting way too beat up."

"Jamie," I heard a familiar voice call. "Good to see you again."

"Justin!"

I spun on my heels, flipping around. What was he doing here?

"I just came to say hi, like I said I would." He said as he gave Jamie a side-hug, smiling at me.

He walked over and kissed me on the lips, Amber and Morgan instantly starting to whisper and giggle.

However, that was the last thing on my mind. I could tell by the look in Justin's eye that he knew something was wrong, but there were people around, so he couldn't ask.

As much as I tried to fake it, I couldn't. The more I thought about the possibility of him being J, the more it made sense.

"How's your day been so far?" He said to me only, leaning across the counter.

"Fine," I said, focusing on the calculations I was doing.

He gave me a confused look, but shook it off. "That's all I get?"

I sighed out of frustration. "I'm great, Justin. How are you?"

"What's your problem?" His eyes grew dark, and I knew I was pissing him off.

"Thanks so much for helping me," the young girl came out with her blue dress, standing where Justin used to be.

"No problem!" I said, being extremely nice. I could see Justin from the corner of my eye, and he was probably mad that I was being nicer to some girl than I was to him. "Your total is $8.60."

She handed over the money and gave a small wave, exiting the store.

Justin came back once more, leaning back to where he was. "I was thinking, maybe we should take a road trip again," he smirked. "We could drive anywhere."

"That sounds fun," I said, making eye contact with him for half a second.

His jaw clenched, and I knew when we were alone later, he would tell me exactly how he felt about my attitude.

"Bye guys," Justin called out to the girls. "It was nice seeing you again."

He gave me one last look before shaking his head and walking out of the store.

"You're so lucky Jess," Amber said quietly, probably not even realizing the words had left her mouth.

"For real," Jamie agreed.

"Hey," Morgan stepped in. "He was mine first."

"Shut up Morgan," Jamie groaned. "We know."

I giggled, kind of forgetting I was supposed to be afraid of him.

That's the thing. I wasn't. If he was J, then yeah, I was furious. But I wasn't afraid. He could've stabbed Riley, and Jennifer, and Brooklyn, but it's so hard for me to believe that it's true, because that's not the Justin I know.