part one

"Happy birthday, Camzi!"

Slowly, Camila's eyes flicker open to see a pink frosted, chocolate cupcake with a lit up candle placed in the hands of her adorable, green-eyed best friend. "A cupcake for my cupcake," the older girl grins.

"Lauren," Camila smiles from ear to ear, eagerly sitting up in bed and putting on her glasses to see clearly. "This is so cute. Thank you!"

"Make a wish and blow," she rushes to hold it in front of her.

Closing her eyes, Camila wishes what she wished for every year.

"What was it this time? A new car? Puppy? Boyfriend?" Lauren teases with a smug grin, sitting down next to her best friend.

"Jeez, Jauregui, you don't think I'd be a little bit more humble than that?" Camila playfully nudges her.

"Kidding, kidding," she rolls her eyes just before they hear another knock at the door.

"Wow, of course Lauser would beat us in here," Dinah remarks with Ally and Normani by her side.

"Happy birthday, Mila! Brought you breakfast in bed!" the shortest one cheers with a tray of stacked pancakes, bacon, eggs, a banana, and a cup of coffee.

"Wow, Ally, way to show me up," Lauren groans at the appetizing tray.

"The cupcake was adorable, babe," Camila rubs the pouting girl's arm.

"Just adorable?" she whines.

"Sorry for knowing my little cousin's favorite breakfast meal," Ally beams as Camila lights up at the delicious presentation and begins to dig in.

"She's not wrong," she shrugs with a mouthful of food.

"Anyway... what exactly are we doing for your birthday today?" Lauren questions, "well, besides me walking you to class and forcing everyone to wish my bestie a happy birthday."

Camila chuckles, "You do that every year, Lolo."

"Yeah, she threatened us last night that we had to have our birthday posts already made... or else," Normani mentions, joining them on the bed.

"Or else....?"

"Bad things will happen," Lauren tries her best to look scary yet fails to with how cute she actually looks.

Camila cups her cheek, "Aw, baby, you couldn't hurt a fly. You're way too soft."

"No shit. She almost cried when I hid Nala from her," Dinah rolls her eyes while Lauren sinks into a frown.

"I couldn't find her for three days, asshole," she argues.

"Whatever."

"Anywayyyy... we all doing drinks tonight at Stella's per usual?" Ally interjects, seeing as how she was a bartender there and would, of course, get them a round of shots on the house.

"Birthday girl?" Lauren turns to Camila.

"Sounds perfect," she easily agrees and they disperse back to their rooms to finish up their morning routines.

"And now to top it off with your amazing cupcake," Camila bites into the treat before Lauren can leave.

"I just really hope your twenty-second birthday is the best, most unforgettable birthday yet," she smirks, leaning by the door frame.

"Something tells me it will be. As long as I have you by my side," Camila speaks softly and gets closer to the older girl.

Lauren's eyes grow wider than usual as her heart skips a beat due to the proximity. She melts when her best friend pulls her into one of the warmest embraces she's had. Even just thinking about how lucky she was to hug Camila was enough to send her over the moon. "Not going anywhere, Camz. Ever." She nuzzles into the shorter girl's neck as it was probably her favorite thing to do.