six - not as bad as i thought

Start from the beginning

she could smell a faint scent of strawberry scented soap, since he had just come out of the shower after his training and his hair was slightly damp.

"never expected you to be a strawberry scent enthusiast, you come off as a blueberry." she remarked.

"say one more word and i'll tip you off the railings." yeonjun's ears turned ever so slightly red.

she kept her mouth shut for the rest of the journey, until yeonjun walked right past the nurse's office and turned the corner.

"the nurse's office is right there? how long have you been in this school?" she tugged on the hood of his hoodie, trying to get him to turn back.

at that moment, he dropped her. he really did just let go and she groaned in pain, rubbing her sore butt.

"i warned you," he said matter-of-factly, placing his hands in his pockets, "you're walking for the rest of the corridor, its right at the end."

with that, he pivoted on his heels and walked ahead, whistling as he did so.

muttering curses under her breath, she slowly pushed herself up and limped after him.

"hurry up, the school gets locked up at ten!" he called down the corridor, which she had successfully managed to conquer three-quarters of; ten steps without his help.

"i'm trying!" she called, unwilling to admit that she was now in more pain than before.

she stopped for the second time, grabbing onto the railings to balance herself whilst she panted heavily. she heard footsteps before a strong hand grabbed her arm.

"you're really nothing but trouble." yeonjun sighed as he looped one arm behind her knees and lifted her up.

his other hand supported her back, curled into a fist, as he carried her the rest of the way in.

"what are you doing?"

"making everyone's lives easier." he said as he placed her gently into one of the chairs.

she was surprised when she realised he had brought her to the old storage room which she had accidentally walked in on previously instead. she said as much to yeonjun, who had dug around and brought a first aid kit from the shelves.

"the school nurse..." he started, "isn't particularly happy when i turn up with an injured student."

minyoung hissed in pain when the ointment came into contact with her wound, and continuously winced whenever it came towards her.

"ah, w-" yeonjun started and she flinched, bracing herself in case he started yelling in frustration, but was surprised when his voice softened instead, "okay, i'll be as gentle as possible, just, bear with it for a bit."

she nodded and bit her lips to keep herself from shouting in pain as yeonjun bandaged her knees as best as he could.

"i can't do much about your internal injury, so you just rest here for a bit, and i'll help you back." he collapsed into a chair next to hers, brushing his hair back and closing his eyes as he did so.

awkward silence filled the place as yeonjun kept his eyes closed while she fiddled a little with her injured leg, trying to hobble up and down the room.

"stay still, it'll be better for you to lessen pressure on it first, you still have to make your way back later." yeonjun spoke up, his eyes still closed.

"right..." she resumed her seat, "i wonder how long this would put me out of training for."

"it'll heal in about a week, relax," he opened his eyes and sat up, "i can tell you really love tennis."

she was surprised at his attempt to make conversation, and she tried to sustain it as best as she could. she wanted to find out more about him.

"i do, but i'm not good enough," she sighed, "i always f-, my serves always cost me points."

she changed mid-sentence, assuming that he probably would not have understood the terminology.

"so do you manage to get it on your second try?" she was surprised that he knew the rules of the game, and it must have showed because the corners of his mouth twitched.

"i'm a sportsman, i can do more than a single sport y'know." he said cockily and she laughed.

"let's play a match one day then." she challenged, unwilling to believe he was that good.

"su-", he checked his watch before he suddenly leapt up from his seat, "shit."

"what is it?" she asked, shocked at his outburst.

"its five past ten."

edited as of 02/01/21

i didnt know comments disappeared whenever i edit chapters thats so sad haha many of the comments are so funny and make my day