[ chapter 2 ]

\ a month after the last chapter \

floral memories 

Yumiko's P.O.V

morning 

5:30 am. Why do I have to wake up this early? I don't know. I slowly got up, ignoring the fact my hair looked like a bush. A yawn decided to escape my lips while I stretched. I decided to make myself some breakfast today and made myself Nutella pancakes and a mango smoothie. After that, I got ready for my usual morning run. I got my tennis bag and put my shoes on then left. 

After my jog which lasts about 20 minutes, I walked to Rikkaidai. It's pretty early, so there shouldn't be anyone there. The temperature was quite warm today, as it's spring. I put in my airpods (hehe) and listened to one of my favorite songs. I hummed to the music and closed my eyes occasionally. I have this weird habit where while I'm listening to music, I'll dance like a ballerina and jump over benches and etc.

There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be King.
There's method in my madness
There's no logic in your sadness
You don't gain a single thing from misery

I danced like no one was watching. I danced before a stray tear slid down my face. That song reminded me so much of something I don't want to remember. He was the king. I saw a small crowd of people near me, watching with wide eyes. I took ballet and gymnastics as a kid and they still remain as hobbies. My dark purple hair displayed the marigold sun and it flew with this faint wind with every pirouette and jump I did. My eyes closed as the melody of the music entered into my soul. My face glistened in the sun as my light brown eyes pondered. I felt like the small crowd of people are not there but in reality, they multiplied. 

flashback  -   8 years ago 

Two kids were in the girl's backyard. The weather was sunny and hot. The boy was picking flowers from the garden, as the girl was dancing to a song on the radio. The boy thought she looked so beautiful doing it. The elegance in every move was beyond amazing. "Instead of me being the king, why can't you be the queen?" he said, handing the girl a flower crown he made. The girl put on a wide smile and put it on. "Because that's what the song says," the girl said, laughing. "But I'll be your queen".  [ e n d ]

I finished the song as I heard slow claps around me. 

Third Person P.O.V

Little did Yumiko know, the boy was watching her, as he reminisced the same dance she did when they were kids. The gracefulness Yumiko had never gone away. She truly looked stunning. The boy missed her so much. Can you still be my queen? he thought, then walked away. 

morning practice

Yumiko arrived later than she anticipated but was still on time. She walked into the clubroom, put her stuff in the locker and proceeded to the courts. "Ok everyone should be here by now," said Yukimura, "20 laps, then warm-up with some rallies". "Hai!" they all responded. They started running their laps. 

"Tezuka, did you hear what happened yesterday?" Marui said, running up to me. "What did he do this time" Yumiko groaned. "So you know how Sanada-fukubuchou likes that girl from class 4-C? Niou found out and slid a letter in Sanada's desk about a date. Then Niou disguised himself as her and went on the date. Sanada," he said, then laughing to death, "kissed N-Niou and then he revealed himself!". BAHAHAHA. "So you're telling me that Sanada kissed Niou?!" Yumiko exclaimed, a bit too loud.