Chapter 7- The Dreaded Discussion

Start from the beginning

"Nothing much, it's...." Elliott said grinning, looking over at Mr.Carter with playfully evil eyes.

"Elliott..." Mr.Carter warned in a stern tone.

"His birthday!!" Elliott said quickly jumping off the counter before Mr.Carter could even attempt to catch him.

"Not a single slice, not even one" Mr.Carter said sounding so much like a father scolding his son.

"No fair" Elliott said returning back from his failed escape.

"That was the one thing, I told you not to mention "he looked at him with narrowed eyes.

How someone looks good even while doing that was out of my comprehension

"Fine, Ivy's my friend now, she'll give me a slice" he said sticking out his tongue.

"Like she can" he chuckled.

Before I shut him up, Elliott dove in to be my saviour.

"You both are like mom and dad right?, so dad obviously listens to everything mom says"

Good one Elliott!

Then we just stood there in awkward silence until Elliot broke it.

"Ivy, when is your birthday?"

I looked like a deer caught in headlights, I didn't know why, I didn't want Mr.Carter to find out.

"...T..Today" I said looking over at Mr.Carter.

His reaction was completely different than what I had expected, he simply stared back at me, he wasn't even the slightest bit surprised like he knew all along.

"That's so awesome!, you both were born on the same day!!"

I tried smiling for his sake but Mr.Carter didn't pay me any attention and was busy icing his stupid cake to perfection.

"Bye Ivy, I need to go, grandma's probably searching for me"

Grandma?

He sprinted away out of the kitchen.

"Mr.Carter, who is Elliot?"

He looked up from his masterpiece and trained his eyes on me, I had his complete attention and somehow it made me nervous.

"He's Ms.Hattie's grandson, she brings him over whenever his parents are out of town"he explained scanning my face for any reaction.

"Oh"I breathed and his eyes left mine and were concentrated on his creation.
I watched him decorating the cake, it could definitely be in one of those you tube compilations of satisfactory cake videos.

Once he was done, he finally spoke "let's go do it"

"Do what?"I coughed, not completely comprehending what I just heard.

"Does your mind always live in the gutter?" He smirked in amusement.

"No, let's go "I said feigning innocence.

Staying out of the gutter was hard these days considering everyone around you lives in the gutter.

He took off his apron, I followed his perfect body out of the kitchen, we went into his study, it was a beautiful room with black and silver accents, it was dark inside and was illuminated by a beautiful lamp with crystals hanging from it.

Mr. Carter went to his desk and brought out the contract. I took a seat in a comfy chair beside the lamp while he leaned against his table with hands crossed.