Questions part 2: The Asgardian King

Start from the beginning

“Yes?” Loki said with a tilt of his head. “What about it?”

“You’re Laufey’s son.”  Thor said.  “You’re the son of an Ice Giant; I mean, the king of the frost giants. He’s dead; I killed him when he murdered father." Loki's face changes to a  'Why would Laufey do something stupid like that?' and 'murderer' mixed in."Father thought we could unite Jotunheim and Asgard.” Thor briefly pauses for dramatic effect.  “For one throne.”

Loki leans forward, putting his elbows on the table.

“Did Father forget the battle where his throne became the cannon?” Loki asks, trying to make sure Thor is not throwing ‘this is not sane’ news.  “And the one where his horse was turned into a gigantic Tyrannosaurus Rex to bite off the Elphier stone?”

Thor rubs his jaw.

“You did that?” Thor asks, shocked.

“Brother that stone was really ugly.” Loki said, admitting the truth about it.  “Who wanted to stare at it the entire battle?” Loki shook his hands.  “Not me; I didn’t want to.”

“So is that how the horse  .  . .” Thor said, as his face became disgusted.

“Farted it out, yes.” Loki said, with a sigh as he leans back into the chair. “I didn’t realize it can become that small.”

Thor rubs his forehead a little bit finding it hard to believe Loki did this.

“I’m pretty sure it  never happened.” Thor said.

“It happened.” Loki said matter of factly. “Who do you think insisted Sif start attempting to learn ‘transformation’ spells?”

Thor had to think a bit.

“And your hammer didn’t become a parrot because ‘I did it’.” Loki adds, using parentheses at the last part.  “Sif did it.”

Thor’s jaw drops a little.

“I-I- . .” Thor had little to no words about this revelation. Thor shook his head.  “Have you learned what Father sent you here for?”

Loki snaps his fingers.

“Tell me what’s different in this room.”  Loki said.

Thor looks around.

“Uh. . ..” Thor takes several glances around the gray and mirrored room. “Nothing.”

“Look closer at the floor.” Loki instructs him.

Thor looks at Loki, puzzled. He then does exactly what Loki said.  Loki draws something on the paper that had been on the table while Thor continued searching to find what is different in this room. Loki turns the paper around—after he finished drawing poorly—towards Thor’s direction. He actually enjoyed seeing Thor fall for his lies.

“I find nothing different.” Thor said, getting up from the edge of the door.  Thor walks towards the table, and then, he looks down to the picture.  His face easily read ‘What is that?’ like a child.

“That is a picture of you mistaking a toy hammer for your hammer.” Loki said. He gets a blank reaction from Thor. “Because, they are alike.”

“I don’t understand.” Thor said.

Loki shook his head.

“You’ll understand, some day.” Loki said. “I prefer you to be the king of Asgard. It’s not in my interest to be king.”

“Why?” Thor asks.

Loki looks up to Thor.

“All I ever wanted was to be your equal.” Loki said, in a low voice.

 The two brothers share a conversation about their unusual childhood together. It was light-heartening like two buddy's getting to know each other again in some different form. It's very strange to explain a set of brothers re-evulating their childhood as Asgardian and Frost Giant-half-kept-as-a-secret.At the end of this conversation Loki wishes Thor luck with being king of Asgard.

“Goodbye, brother.” Loki said.

“Goodbye.” Thor said, and then like a whisper he muttered a name. “Heimdall take me back.”

 Thor was transported from the room back to Asgard. Loki gazes down to his hands feeling a sense of loss from someone who knew why he was spared.Loki is indeed short to be considered a frost giant. A man, who we know as Phil Coulson, walks into the room. No we are not talking about the 'Phil' from the airplane that dodged Joy's vehicle.

We're talking about Phil the guy who didn't die in the Avenger's movie.

“What?” Phil said, raising his eyebrows. “I just came in here.”

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Loki said.