"What's up man?" Aaron replied sticking his hand out for Adrian to shake and he did. "Nice to meet you both." He said in response to them.

"Rai I'ma' go ahead and get out of here, call me later love." Aaron winked and came over to me for a hug. I noticed Adrian watching us closely.

"—And it's good to meet you too bruh." Aaron told him and he nodded.

"I'm right behind you Aaron. Wait up." Nedra said walking out to leave. "Nice meeting you, and Rai text me."

"Ok girl, see y'all later." I waved and Adrian nodded. I closed the door behind them and gestured for him to have a seat at the desk. He did and so did I on my bed.

"How have you been?" He looked me up and down. "Everything's good. I'm adjusting here." I answered, slightly dry. I'm anxious to know what was really going on in his head. 

"Cool, that's good." He nodded. "This is a nice dorm you have here." He looked around.

"Thanks as you can see I added color." I smiled a little. "I see that." He laughed. Then an awkward silence came.

"Why did you come here?" I abruptly asked. He glanced at me hesitating his next response. "Who's this Aaron?"

I giggled dryly. "He's my friend."

"Oh." He said sounding a little disappointed. I studied him for a second. "It's good you have people out here."

"Yeah. He really mean a lot to me." I replied. He nodded slowly looking away trying to figure out what to say next I presumed. I decided to go ahead and ease his mind. "The answer is no. We're not looking to get together. Not that it matters but he's gay. He and his boyfriend have an amazing relationship."

"Oh." He said quickly while nervously nodding his head. "I wasn't trying to assume anything. I just-"

"Adrian why are you here?" I repeated. He looked at me and noticed how serious I was. Don't waste my time. As nervous as I was I wasn't dragging it out.

He scooted the chair closer. "First I want to apologize for the way things ended with us. — I'm trying to figure out where you are right now. How is life treating you out here? You deserve nothing but the best-"

"Adrian I'm not understanding-" I cut him off. "Hold on let me finish." He paused then got up and walked over to sit with me on the bed.

"I need to know where you're at in life as far as commitment. I love you and I would do anything in this world to get you back." His gaze never left mine. I continued listening.

"With that said I'm not trying to be selfish either. You're young. I've already been to college. I get it. I know you have goals you're trying to accomplish, so you need to stay focused." He stopped to grab my hands. I didn't contest it. "Tell me what you want me to do. If you want me to leave, I will no pressure. I'll be ok with whatever you decide. I had to try."

I took a moment to take in everything because it was a lot. It was a hard year. It took a lot to get to this point. To a point, I wasn't crying every day.

"I've had to deal with people leaving my entire life. I also dealt with people taking advantage of me. So in that moment when you and Mikey had me at your house to end the relationship I felt played. I was humiliated. I didn't have a say over anything.

I opened up to you. I never thought I could fall for someone before you. You have no idea how much you meant to me. I damn near manifested you into my life." I explained. He listened to me with guilt all over his face. He needed to fully understand the emotional rollercoaster from my perspective.