Chapter Forty-Three.

Start from the beginning

"Well for one-" i started, but was interrupted by the sound of a door slam.

No sooner than the door slammed, a bundled up Ashton was standing in our living room running his hands through his hair that was absolutely soaked with the whiteness of snow. His cheeks were a bright shade of pink and I could hear his teeth chatter from where he was standing.

"Harry- oh good god you two. On the couch? Really?" Ashton seemed appalled as he brushed the flakes of snow from his leather jacket and fell down into the chair beside us. My cheeks were a bright shade of pink as Harry slid off of me and I returned to my normal sitting position.

"You were the one that barged in. It's our flat, dude," Harry smiled, taunting Ashton which only made me blush more.

"Harry," I scolded, only earning a chuckle from him.

"Flat? You live in America now bro," Ashton playfully shoved Harry's shoulder and Harry only tensed up lightly before laughing alongside him.

"What are you even doing here?" Harry wondered, an amused smirk on his adonis-like face. He found this amusing, I could tell, but i couldn't understand how he could be so amused with Ashton walking in on us like this when I was absolutely mortified.

Ashton fumbled around with his jacket for a moment before taking out a large hardcover book. He held it up, a huge grin taking over his face as Harry frowned.

"I kind of stole this the last time I was here," he set it down on the coffee table with a smile. Ashton had a smile that was just about as beautiful as Harry's (almost) "I just finished it, like, an hour ago and here it is."

Harry propped his head onto his elbow, staring at Ashton with an unreadable expression on his face. I was waiting for him to get mad. Well, not mad exactly, but flip out the way he usually would have because Harry does not play around when it comes to his books. I waited for him to start yelling, to act ridiculous, to hit Ashton with the book he stole; however, he did none of those things.

Ashton had his eyebrow raised, waiting for Harry's reaction. He might have read the book, yes, but you were an idiot if you couldn't tell he only took it in the first place to get some sort of reaction from his best friend. Ashton was cocky and he knew exactly how to push Harry's buttons. I had a bad habit of underestimating Harry, though, and nearly fell off the couch when he smiled.

"Dude," he laughed, leaning over me to grab the book of the table. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before placing the book underneath the one he had been readiong prior to Ashton's little unanounced visit. "I think it's so fucked up that you take the one I've been looking for all week."

Ashton's eyes were wide and it took me kicking him in the leg to get him to say something. "That's it?"

"What?" Harry asked cluelessly as he lay his head down in my lap. I smiled, my hands tangling up in his curls.

"Babe,' I giggled. "He only took the book to piss you off."

A look of understanding washed over his features and I was in a fit of giggles. "You're such a dick." Except he was laughing too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV-

I watched Lily as she walked out of the room, the phone pressed to her ear. It wasn't until she walked into the kitchen that I realized that Ashton was staring at me. He was smiling, a knowing smile that made me want to look away.

"What's your deal, man?" I asked, shoving his shoulder gently.

"You're so whipped, dude," A cocky smile was pressed to his lips as he slumped back into the chair.