Chapter 19: Beginning of an Invasion

Start from the beginning

Whitesong: "Arthe Whitesong, Captain of the Lightshield Cohort under the Blackstone Legion." One of the two Captains says.

Black: "Black. Marcus Black, also a Captain of the Lightshield Cohort." The other Captain says.

Mercy: "Mercy Summerfield." The Blackstone Peacekeeper says briefly. She is still observing the three suspiciously, more than Amber is, though no one seems to notice it or they are simply ignoring it.

Krebs: "Now that introductions of ourselves are out of the way, let us look into other matters. What brings you Blackstones here? I myself thought that you would be tending more on internal matters after the campaign in Valkenheim." The Lawbringer questions.

Amber: "First of all, am I supposed to tell you? Secondly, how did you know about that?"

Krebs: "Word gets around, fast. The news of the fall of Valkenheim is known all over the realms."

Amber: "I suppose so, but that doesn't explain why should I tell you anything. For all I know, you could be working with the Samurai."

Gulisano: "It doesn't seem to be a problem for us. We are exiles like Sir Whitesong said, and we couldn't do anything regarding any of your works. We are simply curious to why Knights are crossing the borders." Gulisano points out. "Besides, you being defensive made us more interested if anything."

Amber curses to herself by letting herself slip. The blonde Captain, Whitesong asks his fellow Captain on how his whispers were heard, although he was told to shut up instead.

Considering what the rouge Knights said, there is the point that they can't do anything against the Blackstone Legion even if they knew what they are up to. Still, she is choosing her words carefully. She does not know who this people are, and her suggestion earlier is a possibility.

Amber: "We are sent by Apollyon to survey the Myre." She answers.

Krebs: "But why? Is she looking to invade the Myre too?"

Amber: "That is unclear to me, but that is a possibility." She says with a hint of uncertainty, which Anaximander noticed.

Anaximander: "That is... concerning. We should find a place to hide soon if that is true." He says to his companions, which they nod at. "But Commander Peltaris, you seem to have troubling thoughts. Is there something else?" He asks Peltaris.

Amber: "No. That is as far as you can know." She replies firmly.

Anaximander: "Of course. My apologies, Commander."

- A while later... -

The Blackstones goes on their separate way after their encounter with the three renegade Knights. The latter, on the other hand, returned back to the outpost that the Kensei Yoshitade commanded. Today, the outpost is brimming with activity of people composed of the peasants, Mogami and Hattori Samurai, the Viking Sailors, and the Knights of the Golden Eye and of the Darkrose.

Hojo: "Understood. I'll have a group of Shinobi to keep an eye of them. What about the possibility of the Blackstones invading?" The acting daimyō of the Hattori asks Gulisano.

Gulisano: "Sir Kalec is already on his way back to our allies in Ashfeld. If nothing goes awry, we should be able to know about it in two weeks." Gulisano answers.