"My name is Lucius Malfoy, though I suppose it doesn't matter too much. We're all distantly related after all...you may turn around now,"

Scarlett turned, noting that he now wore a clearly expensive dark robe but that it was loosely tied, so the pallid skintone of his chest was in striking contrast. She started imagining running her hands down his chest, Lucius pulling her towards him in a tight embrace and - Scarlett coughed and tried to stop thinking about inappropriate things. He was a person - she shouldn't objectify him like that. 

"Lucius is a bit of mouthful, do you mind if I call you Lucy instead?" She grinned at Lucius expectantly.

He raised his eyebrows, accentuating his stormy eyes. 

"What are you doing here, anyway? You're not a Prefect..." He looked at her suspiciously. 

She flashed him an innocent smile. "Well, you see I was just wondering around, exploring the castle..."

He watched he carefully. "It doesn't matter whether that's true or not - you're not allowed here. I can have points deducted from Gryffindor for this, and you would most likely be subjected to a rather painful punishment."

Scarlett's smile dropped. "Err I don't think it's necessary to tell anyone - in fact I'll leave right now. I won't ever bother you again -"

He smirked, she noticed that he had taken a couple of steps closer to her forcing her to look upwards. 

"How about I let you go. In return, you'll owe me a favour." A true Slytherin, Scarlett thought. She paused - this was precisely why she needed to be cautious.

"So long as it is a reasonable favour." She replied hesitantly. She didn't know Lucius - he could ask her to do something terrible for all she knew.

"...And what defines that which falls into the realm of 'reasonable'?" He prompted.

"How about we discuss that once you've thought of a favour you wish to ask of me?" She replied. She had to think carefully - she couldn't give him any leeway.

He laughed quietly. "Very well - this could be interesting. I'll take my leave now."

She expected him to leave promptly, and perhaps irritate him but he moved closer to her and his face leaned forward. Scarlett felt rooted to the spot, her mind whirring with the various possibilites. Lucius' eyes held her strongly, before they flickered to the side. 

"It was lovely to meet you, Miss Dixon," He said quietly, his breath tickling her ear. Scarlett shuddered in response. He started making his way towards the door, she heard him accio his robes. It was only once she heard the door shut close that she let out a breath she did not that she had been holding. 

It was the strangest encounter she'd ever had and she had made an absolute fool of herself. She cringed when she thought about who he was. A Malfoy. Another wealthy pureblood family. In that case it was unsurprising that he knew her family name. She sighed - this had been a terrible idea. She decided that she would leave the bathroom and return at a more discrete time - perhaps in the early hours of the night during a weekend. Or perhaps after finding a female Prefect whom she could impersonate.

*

The following morning at breakfast it was announced that Professor Binns, the History of Magic teacher, had died but had returned as a ghost and would continue teaching us.

Binns was no great loss, his monotonous voice sent students to sleep and most never paid attention in class, only relying on their textbooks to get through exams. Scarlett paid attention only for the goal of having a llama when she passed with an Outstanding in all subjects.