Chapter One

You're getting the first chapter of this because for some reason I literally can't sleep and just had to write this for some damn reason at like four am. Anyways, this does end on a cliffhanger and I know I'll update again soon most-likely. This story will have a very angsty and slow moving at the beginning and it'll probably make you want me to hurry it along but it'll all be worth it in time I promise! Anyways I would love to know what everyone thinks of this and please leave your feedback! -Liz

               Chapter One

Louis slips into his winter jacket as he retrieves his phone from the back room of the small diner that he worked for. His shift had just ended and he was getting ready to leave for the day. "See you on Friday, Lou!" The owner of the place, a very friendly older beta named, Ellen, calls towards the omega.

Louis smiles and waves towards the women as he makes his retreat from the restaurant. He was excited to have the next two days off for the first time in what seemed like ages, and he was going to live it up to the fullest.

An insistent vibrating inside of his back pocket signals that the lad is getting a call. Prying the device from his skinny jeans, Louis rolls his eyes when he notices who was calling him.

The omega presses the green accept button on the call and puts the device up to his ear. He pushes the door open as he makes his way out into the cold, December weather. "Hello, Zayn," Louis answers the phone with a roll of his eyes as he walks down the snowy streets in the direction of the flat that him and his best friend have shared for the past year.

"Lou!" The chirpy voice of the male comes through the line a little too excited about the upcoming event that he had insisted on hosting that night. "Where are you at, mate? You know we're celebrating your birthday tonight!"

Louis sighs, knowing fully well those were the other omega's plans for their evening. It was the day before Christmas Eve and coincidentally the day was also the male's birthday. This year Louis would be nineteen which wasn't that amazing, but Zayn always had to make a big deal out of his birthday every year, even though he insists the male doesn't.

"I just got off work, Z," Louis tells his best friend, pulling his jacket closer to his body as he makes his way down the sidewalk, avoiding eye contact with everyone on the streets. They didn't live in the best part of town and he didn't want to risk making eye contact with the wrong person.

"Well, everyone's here waiting for you already!" Zayn shouts through the line, his voice absolutely brimming with excitement. He was definitely more excited about this party than Louis was.

"Is everyone mum and the girls?" Louis asks the other male with a small smile crossing over his face as he thinks about the family that have practically forced themselves upon him. Ever since his own family was killed a few years ago Zayn's family had practically adopted him. He was extremely grateful for all of their help, he knew he would have ended up in a foster home if they hadn't offered to take him in and help him get onto his feet. He would always be in their debt, no matter how many times they told him they did it because he was family.

"Niall's here too!" Comes the reply from the other line and Louis can hear the loud reply of "Yeah, Buddy!" That comes from the probably already drunk Niall Horan, Zayn and Louis' second oldest friend. Louis couldn't help but to laugh a bit at Niall, the Irish lad was always a party animal and it seems like nothing ever changes.

"Don't let him drink too much more before I get there," Louis tells Zayn through the phone as he releases a small chuckle as he imagines the drunk beta, probably dancing like an idiot to music that wasn't even playing. At least his party wouldn't be boring with Niall there.