Chapter 15

We move a room over to John's presidential suite. He takes his suit off in the bathroom and puts on a white tee-shirt and a pair of comfortable shorts.

I lay down on the right side of the bed, above the covers. He does the same on the left side.

We both lied on our backs for over an hour just talking to each other. I started to get tired and moved under the covers.

"I love how comfortable I feel talking to you. I feel like I've known you my whole life." He looks over at me and gives a small smile.

I feel uncomfortable with what he's said but I agree. I feel a connection to him that I have to constantly fight when I'm with him. "I feel the same." I finally say and drift off to sleep.

When I wake up I notice that John is gone. I shrug and wrap a robe around my gown before I head back to my room.

I shower again and get ready before our next meeting. The trip goes by too quickly. We go to a couple of other meetings and I sleep the second and third night in my own room but he still calls me so he can fall asleep. I wonder what's made him like this.

I've enjoyed my time in New York and hope to visit again soon. I got to see some of the major sites and some of the culture that exists in the city.

We board a plane back to D.C. and I am relieved to finally be in my own space again.

I will always remember some of the sweet and deep conversations that I've had with John, he's such a nice but tortured soul. The responsibility of the nation has really weighed heavy on his mind and I'm afraid it may be the downfall of him.

When I arrive back at my apartment, I begin to feel lonely. I've just spent three days with someone, while being busy constantly with meetings or adventuring.

I feel so lonely and sad for no reason. We parted our ways for a week, after he said I could use the time for myself.

I step out in the balcony of my apartment and take in some fresh air. I'm so tired of being in this large apartment by myself. I decide to drive down to an animal shelter and adopt a precious chunky orange cat.

I name him Samson. It fits him perfectly.

I decide to call my friend Penny who works at the apartment building. She comes up to my apartment after work to meet him. He's so sweet and snuggly.