"Dammit, Evan. One night. I just wanted one night to be peaceful." He hisses, grabbing his pajamas and leaving me alone in the king size bed.

Another lonely night it is...

* * *

Lexi's POV:

I wake up to the high-pitched ding from my iPhone.

Lazily, I grab the phone and see a blurry image that Katie sent to me.

She's back at it with Ryan, no surprise there.

You missed it last night! Come out with us next weekend. I missed you.

I roll my eyes at her message, knowing she probably only wanted me there to DD.

I roll out of bed and wander downstairs to find that the house is still quiet.

My mom and Mike went on a little getaway for the weekend, so I'll be hearing a whole lot of nothing until they return.

While I'm standing in the kitchen I hear the sound of a vehicle start up outside, so I go look to see who it is.

I spot Evan backing out of her driveway not looking all that happy. I see Scott's car is there, so I'm pretty sure the kids are home with him.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I sat on the patio and watched the stars for a while. It just so happened that Evan and Scott were fighting in their bedroom at the time, and I heard their yells myself.

I can only guess that their argument had something to do with the rejection in the driveway, which is on Scott.

The Copeland's have always appeared to have a perfect little family. The parents are both good looking, the kids are adorable, they have good jobs and live in a nice neighborhood. What's not great about it?!

But clearly, something isn't right.

I go about my morning as I usually would, eating a light breakfast and catching up on an essay and a presentation that are both due next week.

Hours pass and I hear a car engine once again. This time, I see Evan pulling in, but Scott's car is gone.

I watch the dirty-blonde exit her car and I quickly piece together that she was at a yoga class or something judging by her attire.

She pulls her hair tie out of her hair and shakes her head, letting her mane flow over her toned shoulders.

I watch her walk into the house and she soon appears to me again in the upstairs bedroom window.

She peels her racerback tank off and is left in a sports bra, and she soon loses that as well. I'm left staring at her beautiful, brazen back and I find myself chewing on my lower lip hopelessly.

She's so attractive.

Evan disappoints me when she walks away from the window without turning around.

* * *

It's about four in the afternoon when I hear the squeals and giggles of my favorite set of twins in the next yard.

I smile and creep out of my hammock, walking over and peeping my head over the fence.

"I thought I heard you two." I say, catching both the girls off guard.

Their eyes light up and they run to the fence and stare up at me.

"Lexi! Come play with us!" Grace gushes.

I nod and walk around to the gate, letting myself in.

"You two look nice." I compliment, noticing that they're both in dresses and have their hair done.