6

Lexi's POV:

"Lexi Brewer" the substitute teacher calls my name and I stick my hand up.

"Here." I say, drained.

He continues on with the roll and once he is done, he looks around intently.

"You, come here." He says, pointing one of his old, wrinkled fingers my way.

I raise my brows and point at myself. "Me?"

"Yes, darling. Come up." He nods.

I sigh and slide out of the desk, walking up to the desk where he sits.

The older gentleman hands me the paper with the attendance on it and instructs me to carry it to the office.

Doesn't he know computers are a thing?

I sigh, knowing there is not point in arguing, and take the paper.

I walk through the halls slowly, killing as much time as I can.

I finally make it to the office and see Mrs. Copeland there in her wine colored capris, black tank and a cardigan drooped over her shoulders, hiding how toned they are.

"Attendance for Mrs. Nolan's class." I say as I pass the paper over to the woman behind the desk.

The sound of my voice grab's Evan's attention.

"Hi, Lexi." She says kindly, looking up from the paper she's scribbling on.

"Hey, Mrs. Copeland." I nod.

"Thank you." The small lady behind the desk says, giving the go-ahead for me to leave the office.

I go, but hear footsteps behind me shortly after I exit.

"You following me?" I ask without even looking back. Please be Evan.

"Not in your wildest dreams, Lexi." She laughs.

I glance back at her and she forces a smile, "Mrs. Nolan isn't here?"

"No, we have some old fart as a sub and apparently he doesn't know that attendance can be taken on the computer." I say sarcastically, my blue eyes rolling.

Evan giggles, "cut him a break. He's probably only a substitute teacher because he is lonely and bored sitting at home all day." She shrugs, clutching a binder in her arms.

By this point we are walking side by side, and I'm more than okay with that. She's so gorgeous.

"You look nice in your teacher clothes." I smirk.

"Thank you." She smiles. "Bet you prefer my tank and shorts though." She mutters, nearly inaudible.

Was that a flirt?

My brows creep up my face and she glances over, realizing what she said was most definitely heard, and it was definitely inappropriate for school.

"I'm sorry. That came out wrong." She panics and I giggle to myself. "Get back to class, Lex. I'll see you around."

I watch Evan scurry off down the hall, her hips swinging from left to right.

I wish she was my teacher.

* * *

I roll my eyes at the sight of Ryan and Katie lip-locked though the window of my car.

"I don't have all day." I huff.

Katie separates her lips from his and cups his stubbly face, "I love you. Have a good practice, baby." She coos.