Chapter 19

Three Days Later...

Nicki Minaj POV

A whole lot is gon' on in my life right now and ion what to do 'bout anythin'.  Instead of gettin' help on the relationship, she tellin' me to follow my heart. I already expressed my feelin's fo' Aug... Safaree and she tryna take me back. Me and August, what we use to have, is now dead and gone. We need to move on from the past and into the now and fix us, fix us.

There's no way that me and Safaree are over, done, broken, shattered, it can't be. We still have somethin' left in us , do we? I know we wtill have what we had inna beginnin'.

Inna way Ms. Evans is right and I do needa realize who I want in my life.... Sometimes we gotta let go of what ain't meant to be. I wanna make ot work but if Safaree tryna make that happen then it's a wrap. If he do then he needa start bein' serious and fix his problems. His issues is when he gets physically abusive towards me and abusive to drugs. If anythin' I'm not tryna have him locked up but I'm not tryna be the next victim onna news.

Onika Tanya Maraj dead at the age of thirty-one by her boyfriend, Safaree Samuels, by domestic violoence.

I don't wanna be the headlines as in that way - especially by the man I chose to be wit'. Of course I wanna die by his side, but I don't want my death to be because of him.

Right now Safaree gotta call to New Jersey  from a family member to fly put there is what I was told. He was prolly lyin' but ion or care but I wanna see August. He all alone (not really)  inna hospital and it just scares me. To just see somebody who was all good and now inna hospital is insane. But, ion care 'bout Safaree right now he all good and just up and left; so can I.

So that's what I finna do, go out to New York and check up on August health. I heard he just woke up from his coma and I wanna be one of many he sees. God prevents what woulda happened if he had died - people woulda been bipolar.  Err'body went off when he just fell off the stage - to imagine him dead - would be the end. August had tours, shows to go to, and he couldn't show fo' any of 'em.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" The flight attendant asks me.

"No, no thank you!" I say when she smiles then leaves.

-

I meet up wit' almost err'body to see August inna hospital.  Chris, Drake, Tyga, Chyna, Ciara, Kendrick, Snoop Dogg, err'body.

I walk in and said hi to them inna hallway and was just askin' 'bout August. They all say that he fine and he just wakin' up and that he all weak. Soon they all leave the room and I take a deep breath before I walk in. There I see August layin' inna bed , he smirk when he see me and I do the same.

"Hey," I smile, bringin' the flowers from 'round my back .

"Hey," he says weakly.

"You brought those girl? You the best!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. We family, so this is what I got you. It's mo' when you get out and well." I said.

"You don't have to Nicki. " August said.

"Oh, but I do 'cause the birthday boy is here. Happy belated birthday!" I said.

I walk over to the bed and sit onna edge. "August, you really scared me." I said.

"I was scared too Nick. I'm fine tho'." August reassures me.

"Nigga, do you not see where you is? These tubes runnin' all up in ya? The fuck!" I said.

"Damn Nick just chill." August laughs.

"Sorry." I said.

"We good." August said.

"Cool!" I said.

Chapter 19.5 is next!