Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six: The End

By the time they reached the correct theatre, after being lead to the wrong one by Klaus, the concert had already begun.

Allison had made no hesitation as she made a beeline for the front doors, but Luther grabbed ahold of her hand and pulled her to a stop.

"Wha- Allison, I cant let you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning."

"You hear the music?" Klaus looked to the building, "It's already started."

Luther glanced back down at Allison who had tears in her eyes, "Do you honestly think she's going to listen? After everything that happened?"

"We don't have time for this." Diego snapped.

Luther huffed, "ok." And with that, Allison rushed into the building. Lotus watched until she could longer see the other women before turning in Luther, "You're using her as a distraction, aren't you?"

He shrugged, "Our best change is to incapacitate Vanya. She'll thank me later."

Klaus bounced on the heels of his feet, "So what's the plan?"

"Uh." Diego mumbled, "You wait outside."

"What?"

"Yeah, you're the lookout."

"The lookout?"

They all marched towards the building, leaving Klaus and Lotus outside. They all slipped in expect for Diego who turned around at the door, "Are you not coming?"

Lotus pointed at herself, "Me?"

"No shit." Diego shook his head, holding the door open. "We need you, Lotus."

"What about Klaus?"

"Yah, what about me?"

Diego shook his head, "We're running out of time."

She sighed but nodded, running towards and past Diego into the building. She followed him up the stairs until he put a hand in front of her, causing her to stop.

"We're gonna go backstage and try to handle her, ok." He said, "You go down the middle and try to shift into her, maybe distract her more."

"So I just need to distract her when things go wrong?"

"What makes you think anything's gonna go wrong?"

She rolled her eyes and pushed past him, taking the stairs two at time. The music was pouring from underneath the heavy doors, the violin music more powerful than it was before. It was almost memorizing, hearing the sounds of the strings come together with such power. Lotus glanced back, waiting for Diego to disappear down another hallway. When he was gone, she slipped through the double doors and ducked behind the last row of seats.

Vanya stood on stage, her hair was down over one shoulder while her violin sat on the other. The instrument was stark white, sitting on her matching suit. The thing that struck Lotus though was not her suit or white violin, nor was it the fact that the women seemed to glow as the music poured from her, but her eyes that shone an unnatural blue.

"The violin." Lotus mumbled sneaking her way three rows closer, the audience in a trance as they watched the women play her heart out. The pieces clicked together in her head, everything Five or his siblings had ever said about their sister. Vanya was in fact the bomb, but her violin was the lighter.

Allison stood next to the front row, watching her sister give the performance of a lifetime. Vanya stood up, walking to the centre of the stage, catching her sister's attention with a small smile growing on her face. Just then, from all sides of the stage came Luther and Diego came flying at her.