Chapter 2

Alex's POV

I woke up to sunlight streaming through my bedroom window and smiled as soon as I remembered where i was. I was brand new, no one knows who I am, I could be anyone I wanted. It's 8:30 am, I don't normally voluntarily wake up this early but I guess my body knew how excited I was. I haven't set up my coffee machine yet and don't really feel like trying to figure out what box it's in yet so i decide to get dressed and try to find a cafe somewhere. The combination of it being early September and Las Vegas means hot weather. I throw on a little sun dress, put a few things in my bag and head out, making sure to not forget my keys.

After walking for less than 3 minutes i find the perfect coffee and book shop, straight out of a movie. This is my life now. I walk in, quickly survey the menu and decide on an iced macchiato because it was so warm out. I sit down on one of the bar like stools at the very front of the cafe with a view looking out at the busy Vegas street. After people watching fore about half an hour i've seen about 3 soon to be married couples, 9 very hung over people..... most of which could easily still be drunk, and a whole slew of different personalities. I turn to get up and throw my now empty cup away when i spot a board with various pieces of paper pinned to it right next to me. Amongst the missing pets, available apartments and business cards i spot a very bright sheet of paper reading 'Open Auditions for Exotic Dancers'. I mean i am here to try out new things, I doubt i'd get the job let alone even go but who knows. I pull my phone out and snap a picture after reading the rest and realizing auditions are most of the day tomorrow. I'm definitely not the sexiest or most coordinated person but I suppose I could try for an hour. Who knows, maybe I have this whole other side of me waiting to be released, weather that side is a confident stripper or not is the real question. I mean they make good money.

With my newly devised plan, I headed across the street to a thrift store I spotted from my seat a few minutes ago. The door opened with a loud jingle prompting the only worker to look over and greet me. She was a pretty girl that didn't look much older than me.

"Hi! can i help you find anything?" she said semi enthusiastically

"I-uh, where do you keep you're shoes?" I said trying to not sound suspicious. I had nothing against possibly becoming a stripper but didn't exactly want to advertise it to the world. She motioned to the back wall and went back to what she was doing. I stood staring at the wall no idea where to start..... maybe this wasn't the best idea, I don't even know where to begin, or how to be sexy! High school boys never interested me enough to get romantically involved with. I've explored my sexuality with myself but never with a partner, how could i be a stripper??? I was snapped out of it when the worker spoke from right next to me.

"You ok doll?"

"haha uh .... yeah?"

"You don't sound to sure. What kind of shoes are you looking for?" I would have just made something up but I was trying to be more open, and she made me pretty comfortable considering she was a complete stranger"

"I.... I have stripper auditions tomorrow" I blurted out. You could tell she was trying to hold back a laugh until she noticed I wasn't joking.

"Well... you don't exactly look like your average stripper"

I laugh a little
"yeah i'm tying some new things out"

"ok well it's vegas, we never have a shortage of stripper heels here" she says while walking to another section of the store. I followed her hesitantly not sure if I was supposed to. We walked into a small room and wow I guess I hit the jackpot. I looked at the walls around me for a few seconds. I don't think i could even stand up in half of these. She could clearly read the look on my face because the next thing she said was

"The shorter ones are over here" Even the 'shorter' ones were like 5 inches. They were all decked out in some sort of rhinestone or spike. She helped me try a few on while we both laughed at some of the styles and me trying to walk in them. I eventually learned her name was Zoey and she's lived in Vegas's her whole life. She now had her own apartment not to far from mine. After about half an hour I spotted a simple pare of strappy red heels that were only about 3.5 inches tall.

"Those!" I pointed and ran over to them. They somehow were my exact size

"These are perfect!" I smiled