"Hey sweet heart. Did you dye your hair again?", My mom said.

"Hi, and yes." I said.

My roots were gone? This was just weird. I could barley even see with these damn glasses. I went in the fridge and pushed them down to the bridge of my nose so, I could see what I was getting.

"Remember you have an archery class later."

"Oh yeah." I grabbed a strawberry yogurt.

I sat down at the table where my mom was reading the paper.

"So, How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Same, as everyday."

"Can you take your glasses off in the house." She asked.

"No, I have really bad bags under my eyes and I'm going out anyways."

"Oh, alright sweetie. Just be back around 12."

I finished and left. I went to walk around a bit. I live close to Santa Monica Pier, so I walked there. I sat on one of the benches to think. I don't get why I'm so different. Why didn't I have veins? Why do I have red eyes and hair? Why is my skin so smooth and pimple-less? I felt a tap on my shoulder, I jumped and broke my train of thought. I looked over and it was my friend Ashley.

"Hey, Girl!" She tapped me again.

"Hi, Ash." I smiled.

"Are okay babe? Oh my goodness please tell me your not pregnant!" She always thinks of the worst.

"No, i'm not pregnant!" I giggled.

"Then whats wrong?" She flipped her blonde hair around.

"This." I pulled down my glasses.

"You got contacts? Why did you get the red creepy ones?"

"They aren't contacts." I said.

"Did you get bit by a spider and turned super human?" She asked.

"No, more like my mom injected me with something."

"What?"

"I went to her work yesterday and then they injected this needle into this guy and he looked horrifying!"

"What kind of horrifying?"

"Red eyes and veins popping up."

"You're crazy! All that hair dye got into your head." She laughed.

"No, I'm not and I didn't even dye my hair last night!" I said putting my sunglasses back on.

"Yeah, okay. I have to get back to my boyfriend. Love ya." She got up and left.

Some best friend I got. I got up and started to walk home.    
When I got home and my mom and dad weren't there. My mom should be home by now. I walked into the kitchen and there was drop of blood. I quickly grabbed the biggest knife in the kitchen and tapped my hand on the wall.

"I'm in the bathroom dear. Don't come in though." I heard my mom say.

She sounded like she was crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked through the door.

"Yeah." She sniffled.

I opened the door and saw the veins popping from under her eyes and flesh peeling off.

"I went to.." She sniffled, "Work for a bit and we were testing on JJ to make a vaccine.." She sniffled again, "And then he bite me."

"Mom you need a doctor!"