Part 1: Prolouge

Ten Years Ago

I grunt as I feel my back hitting the ground again, knocking the wind out of me for the fifth time.

"Stance still isn't wide enough, again. You must stand with the strength of the mountain against the attackers." My father criticized as I stand up.

"This is impossible, father! Maybe I'm not meant to be the village guardian, I can't do it!" I yelled at him, full of anger and sadness. He just sighs.

"Follow me, Y/N. I have something to show you."

Timeskip

After an hour of walking in the forest, my father and I come upon a cave opening.

"Here we are, follow me."

We venture deep into the cave, until it suddenly turns into a large man-made hallway, lined with torches and various engravings depicting a large war between Grimm and human, and at the frontlines, was the guardian.

"Our village has kept this room a secret for hundreds of years. It says that one day, the war to end all wars shall occur, and the only person that can save everyone, is the One With The Strength Of The Demon."

I continue staring at the engravings in awe, seeing multiple depictions of the guardian saving people.

"Our bloodline has been burdened by the Strength of the Demon for many years. No one knows when the war shall happen, but when it does, our bloodline needs to stop it. This is why I train you, my son. I do not know if the war shall occur in your lifetime, or your children's life times. But know, no matter what, you are destined for great things."

I finally look back at my father, who's time with a smile on my face, filled with determination.

"Can we start working on my stance again, father?"

End of Chapter