6

a few days passed after the bombing incident happened and eunji was still in the hospital.

she was thankful she won't have to meet ateez for some time but also sad and guilty, knowing that she didn't protected yena well.

little did she know, yena is still alive, but barely holding on.

"eunji, the doctor said you can be discharged tomorrow. are you sure you're okay?"

she smiled weakly and nodded, her parents leaving the room once again to give her some time to think.

she decided to sleep for a while, but before she could enter the realm of dreams, her phone beeped for the hundredth time, she checked it, expecting it to be either yunho, mingi or the other members of ateez.

but instead it was from an unknown number.

"you should've bid them goodbye. xoxo" -b

she was confused, but something inside her felt uneasy which urged her storm out from her room and to their neighborhood.

she then dialed anyone that popped up first on her contacts in with sweaty hands.

"hello? yah eunji! where the hell are you?! what happened?! are you okay? god i was so worried!"

"i-i have no time, something doesn't feel right. i think they're after my
family. i-i'm scared."

"i'll be there in a minute just wait for me, okay?"

with that, she hung up and ran as fast as she can and when she was about to turn on the last corner to her house, she heard a familiar deafening sound.

she took a quick turn and reached to where their house is.

or should i say, was.

she dropped on her knees as she saw how the fire swallowed every inch of their once safe haven, which is now a burning pit of hell.

"w-why..."

she cried while sitting on the road in front of their house.

she was still in hospital clothes and was barefooted but she didn't mind it at all, because the blisters in her feet doesn't sum up to the pain she is feeling as she saw how her family was taken away with just a single blow.

"i-i'm useless... i—"

she was about to let the fire consume her too when suddenly a pair of strong arms held her and hugged her from behind.

"are you crazy?! you're going to get yourself killed!" a familiar voice said as he tried to pull the struggling girl back to safety.

eunji was hopeless and wanted it to end quickly so she tried and tried and tried to break free and join her beloved family.

"that's what i wanted to happen! i-i'm going crazy! my mind is being messed up by everything that's happening, just let me go!"

"no! i won't let you, as long as i live, i won't let anybody hurt you, even yourself!"

eunji sobbed and fell to his embrace, him not minding even if she got his shirt wet with her tears.

"but i'm already hurt, too hurt."

"i'm sorry i couldn't protect you, but this time, i will. i promise."

she smiled despite all the pain she's bearing in her heart and mind.

"thank you and i'm sorry, mingi."