2

a petite girl was walking late in the night while holding a suspicious box and plastic bag with her.

she was covering her face with a black mask and kept paying attention to her surroundings, mostly when she would pass by a dark alley.

i must say, their town wasn't the most sinister part of seoul, but it wasn't the safest either.

so everyone have always kept their guards up, because even the people whom they thought were their family or friends ended up being their worst enemies.

everything was engulfed in silence, until the girl heard a familiar crunching sound behind her, followed by deep breaths.

she knew instantly that she was being followed.

she caught a dark figure trailing behind her earlier when she bought food back at the convenience store, but everytime she would look back, the shadow would hide itself in the darkness of the night.

but that didn't stop this girl from wandering the empty streets by herself without any sort of protection with her.

it made her scared, no, terrified.

but as she saw a well-lit house just a few miles away, she happily ran to it and hurriedly knocked at the door.

her ragged breath only increased as she felt the figure closing the distance between her so she knocked rather erratically as she desperately tried to hint the person inside that she needs to enter right away.

the door opened to reveal a freshly showered boy who looked shocked at her frantic expression and uneven breaths.

she then quickly entered the house and shut the door, locking it in the process.

"a-are you okay?" the boy asked.

she could only nod her head as she tried to catch her breath after running, but little did she know, he also saw a glimpse of the figure looking at her back before the door was shut.

he brushed it off and ushered her to go upstairs.

"um, yena is upstairs waiting for you."

"oh. yeah thanks, by the way i bought cake and some sweets for you." she smiled enthusiastically at the flushed boy.

he turned away, taking the box and plastic bag from her, "thanks, eunjinnie."

"awe, it's rare for you to call me that, yeosangie."

yeosang then blushed harder as he cupped his burning cheeks and looked at her with a small pout, "don't treat me like a kid."

but it made eunji tease him more, "what the hell, you're so cute!" she said as she pinched his cheeks.

he then smiled at her ever so softly and spoke with his deep voice.

"well, you're the cutest."