Nine

Annie came out of her bathroom in a short pyjamas dress; she reached for her phone on the nightstand. There was an incoming call from Ella, her best friend.

“Hey!” She said, taking a seat on her bed.

Hi babe,” Ella replied cheerfully.

“You sound so happy today,” Annie asked suspiciously.

“Guess who I ran into today at the office?”

“Who?”

“Your baby daddy” Ella giggled, making Annie groan.

“He came to see Dylan. He was looking so handsome, Annie. I was opportuned to talk to him. Dylan kind of introduced me to him and we chatted for a while. I almost died Ann. I still can’t believe I not only saw him but we talked.”

“Annie? Are you there?” Ella asked after a while.

“Yeah. I’m listening. I hope you didn’t tell him about me.”

“I almost did but I didn’t.”

“Damn you’re so lucky Ann. If your baby is a boy, he will be just as handsome as his dad.”

“He had lunch delivered to me today.” She opened up to her.

" Eric?”

“Yes!” She replied.

“You must be kidding me!” Ella screamed excitedly over the phone.

“I’m serious, Ella. I have no idea how he knew my favourite lunch and my shop's address.

“Awww, I’m convinced he loves you Annie” Ella assured.

“Or he’s just concerned because I’m carrying his child.”

“You’re wrong. The Eric I talked to earlier today was so sweet and charming. Whatever it is, I’m sure he has good intentions”

“So when will you have your first check-up?” Ella asked excitedly, slightly changing the topic.

“I’ve made an appointment for next week with the person Dr Myers recommended.”

“So, will Eric be going with you?”

“I don't know,” Annie replied.

“You should extend the invitation to him. Please don’t deny him the chance of experiencing this beautiful process.” Ella pleaded.

Annie sighed."I'll think about it. Claire and Jayden are coming home this Thursday for a short break”

“Awww my babies, I miss them a lot.” Annie cooed. Claire and Jayden attended boarding schools.

“Me too, so you better be here after work on Friday because we’ll be spending the weekend together.”

“Noted,” Ella said.

“Goodnight babe, my regards to my little Tiger.” Ella said, referring to Annie’s growing baby.

“Sure, sleep tight,” Annie said after which she hung up.