chapter 10 | future references

Start from the beginning

"Me too!" Hoseok says.

"I want green tea." Namjoon says along with Yoongi too. I look over to Taehyung and then at Jungkook.

"I'll have the chocolate." Jungkook says so I nod taking everyone's orders. I don't know how old Minseo survived this. They all eat so much and so many different things. I nod my head recapping everything. Jin hands Chanho to Taehyung so we both walk up in line. Again, Chanho squirms and tries to get out of his arms but I stop him as it's dangerous.

"Chanho-ah. This is Taehyung, my oth-"

"Boyfriend." Taehyung says interrupting. I look up at him shocked.

"Do you know what that is, Chanho-ah?" He says baby talking to him as Chanho nods.

"Yeah. Appa used to be that to eomma before they got married." He says and I smile at him as I couldn't yell in front of Chanho. Taehyung looks at me before smiling at me. I couldn't lie. He is so good looking. But he seems just.. Too.. Too perfect.

"Hi. Sorry for the wait."

"No worries. We had a good chat out here." Taehyung says looking at me. Chanho squirms his way out of his Taehyung's hands finally as he snuck in between Taehyung and I holding both our hands. He giggles making me smile.

"So, your order?" The cashier say smiling.

"Umm. Yes. We'll have one chocolate. Three green teas. Two vanillas. And?" Taehyung says looking at me.

"Strawberry." I said.

"And three strawberries but one of them kids size." He says as the cashier clicks on some things.

"I gave you guys a discount for the family item. Your son is so adorable." She says and I blush at the comment.

"Oh, he's n-"

"Thank you." Taehyung says. Why does he keep saying stuff like this? It's making me flustered.

"It will be a total of 51,153 won." She says. (This is like $45.) Taehyung hands her his card.

Jin's POV

--- A While After ---

"Seeing Taehyung jealous is really funny." Hoseok says as we all nod along.

"He saw you, Minseo, and that kid together and got jealous because we called you guys a family." Jimin says laughing.

"Yah! Stop teasing him. You guys talk too much." I said. Suddenly, the ice cream came so I rushed over there. We each got our own ice creams.

"Says you." I swear I heard it.

Minseo's POV

"Do you like it, Chanho-ah?" I say and he grins.

"Ahaha... We all have strawberry." He says giggling so cutely.

"That's right. We both love strawberries." I said and he nods. I check my phone to check the time and it was already 5 at night. As if on time, I get a call. I instantly answer.

Minseo: "Hello?"

Mom: "Hi. I'm Chanho's mother."

Minseo: "Hi. I'm Minseo. Don't worry, eommoni. He's with me right now. I hope it was okay with you but I got him ice cream because he was really hungry. But looking at the time right now, I think he's still okay for eating dinner."

Mom: "Oh! Thank god. Minseo. You are an angel. Thank you so much. Oh my god."

Minseo: "No. Not a problem. Chanho is a sweet kid."

Mom: "I will pay you back. I'm so sorry."

Minseo: "No! Don't be sorry.. Everyone makes a mistake.. Let's just be glad he didn't go to someone bad."

Mom: "Are you for sure? I'll actually pay you. You took care of my son."

Minseo: "Just make sure this never happens again. May I ask where you were?"

Mom: "We came with a group as a field trip and I went to go the bathroom. I asked one of the leaders to look after him but I'm assuming he ran off while they weren't looking."

Minseo: "We called through a speaker. Did you not hear us?"

Mom: "No, you see. We were at the other side of the temple. I really thought he was kidnapped."

Minseo: "Oh no. He's safe. Would you like to see him?"

Mom: "Would you really?"

Minseo: "Yeah. Of course. Let me just put you on facetime."

Chanho: "Eomma?"

Mom: "CHANHO-AH!"

Chanho: "Eomma!"

Mom: "Eomma will see you soon, okay? Did noona take good care of you?"

Chanho: "Noona's the best. Her and her best friends and her boyfriend all played with me. Her boyfriend even bought me STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM!"

Mom: "I'm glad. Did you thank noona?"

Chanho: "Thank you, noona."

Minseo: "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I purposefully made this as part of the story but how can a mother lose her son or daughter?