"That's my next stop." She smiled and hurried on the elevator. I'll ask her about that later. I knocked on my dads door and he let me in.
"What's up son, everything ok?"

"I need to chat with you." I walked inside. He gestured for me to come in further and I went and sat down.

"Were you busy?" I asked him before he regained his seat. "Not really, what's going on? Let me guess it's about Raina?" I squinted my face nodding.

"What's up?" He asked while tightening his tie around his neck. "I gotta' figure out how to let her go." I sighed.

"The age gap?" I nodded. "Basically. She's about to graduate. She doesn't need to be tied down to me. Plus it's a valid point. Who am I to go against her brother?"

"Where is this coming from?" He asked more so to open the floor to speak freely. "Last I check you were all, nothing is going to break us not even distance. I love her so much she means everything to me. No matter what Mike says." He said mockingly. I sighed again.

"So what's the problem now?" He asked.

"See, take you and mom for example. It's different. You were well into the start of your career and mom was doing her residency. Y'all didn't have these types of barriers, but there is an age gap between y'all nonetheless. Y'all just met at a later time in life. If it's meant to be it'll be. Time shouldn't change fate." I said hoping and praying it wouldn't. I didn't want Raina stressing over something we could prevent. It made sense this way.

"We had our own barriers trust me. Especially with your grandfather. He never thought I was good enough for your mother. We're— I guess ok now but in the back of my mind I'll always know that's how he feel. The only thing he was ok with was the fact that I was in a position to provide. And you're right we were much older." He had pain in his eyes. I stared at him trying to read him.

"You ok pops?" I studied the lines growing on his forehead. "Yeah, go on." He gestured with his hands for me to continue. I was hesitant but I brushed it off.

"Mike sort of put things in perspective for me yesterday." I said knowing I would run into the same conversation with him if I didn't put a stop to the relationship. If his point weren't so valid I wouldn't throw in the towel.

"What did he say?" My dad asked.

"The same thing. She's seventeen, starting college soon, going away for the summer. He's thinking I slept with her. He told Raina she could no longer see me." I told him.

"What makes this time different from when he first found out? That didn't stop you from seeing her. Not saying you should or shouldn't see her but what's different?" He wanted clarification.

"It was sinking in. I don't want her wrapped up in my world. She was doing fine without me inserting myself in. We didn't think about the future. She'll be getting her wings to fly soon. She deserves this chance to fully be free. I love her that much. I want what's best for her, that's all. She's been through hell and back. She needs this." I told him and I was getting a little worked up. That girl has my heart. It pains me to let go.