Chapter 34- Fear Cuts Deeper Than Swords

I held the piece of silk close to my chest. The silk had been taken from the North. From the dress I had worn the night of the feast. The dress was ruined but I managed to take a scrap of the thick outer layer. If I put it close enough I could still smell the fresh dirt and cool snow. The smell made me think of Jon. That was what Jon was. The North. A distant happy memory.

Jon had not seeped into my mind since I had met Margaery. She had overshadowed everything he was to me. But he was still there. I could feel it when my room was dark and cold. When the wind howled like a direwolf's call. I missed the North.

Margaery was the sun and Jon was the moon.

A pound at the door made me rush the silk under my pillow. I forced myself to my feet and walked to the door. I opened it slowly, peering out into the hall. Jaime Lannister stood coated in golden armor and a white cloak for the kingsguard. I raised an eyebrow at my uncle. It was a strange visit. I hadn't seen much of him since Cersei had arrived. Most likely they were trying to get her pregnant with his child rather than Willas'. I wouldn't put it past her to use him like that.

"What is it uncle?" I asked, he opened his mouth to respond but snapped it shut again. There was something behind his eyes. A fear or a worry I couldn't put my finger on.

"The King has requested your presence in his chambers." He said after a long moment of silence.

"What for?" I argue, opening the door and stepping out into the hall.

"I didn't get to ask." He said and looked down the hall with nervous eyes.

"What is it Uncle Jaime? You seemed worried." I reach out and put a hand on his arm which makes him untense his shoulders.

"Aella. I can't stop you from going there. It's the Kings command. But know..." he looks around to make sure no one was listening. "I may be loyal to the King but I am also loyal to my family. And you are more family then you will ever know." His words send me a little comfort in knowing I have an ally in this god forsaken castle. Well at least one with a sword.

He leads me to the Kings chambers and knocks on the door. I bounce on the heels of my feet as we wait. The door opens but only an inch. Enough I can see Joffrey's green maniacal eyes. He sees me and open the door. I don't get much of a peek in before he pulls me in. I stumble into the chambers and turn around to see him close and lock the door. Fear slips up my spine. He is in black leather pants and a white lose shirt, no longer in his heavy cloak he wears at court.

My eyes find movement on the bed and I turn to see Margaery in the bed. She turns over and her eyes find mine. With a gasp she rushes to cover her body like I hadn't seen it all before. "My love." She called, prying her eyes from me. "What is this?"

"Well I hand a wonderful idea my love. Come now. You are both ladies. It isn't anything either of you haven't seen." He motions for her to come to him and she listens, standing and uncovering herself. I force myself to look away as she comes to her husbands side. He pulls her into him and smirks at me.

"What do you want?" I snap and cross my arms, taking a step away from the couple. I didn't want to me here. I couldn't. Whatever he was planning I wanted no part.

"Look at my Queen." He says and holds her in front of him. I look up and let my eyes wonder her body. Unblemished and clean. Even after a pregnancy she was perfect. "She fills my every need but not quite everything."

"My king?" Margaery questions suddenly. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No my lady. I just would never want to hurt you." He comes around and kisses her forehead. But he will hurt me.