Chapter 9- There is Foolishness in Honor

"The whore is pregnant." My father grumbles. I frown.

"Father..." I try to reason with him.

"Do not speak of this child. You are just recovering. Your mind is in a weak place. Trust me. When you are better you will see this is the right thing to do." I grind my teeth and my nostrils flare. I'm not a fucking idiot. I sit back in my chair and tap on the table impatiently.

"You're speaking of murdering a child." Ned snaps.

"The girl has done nothing wrong father."

"I warned you this would happen. Back in the North, I warned you, but you didn't care to hear. Well, hear it now. I want 'em dead, mother and child both. And that fool, Viserys as well. Is that plain enough for you? I want them both dead." He ignored me and stares at Ned.

"You will dishonor yourself forever if you do this." He argues.

"Honor?! I've got Seven Kingdoms to rule! One King, Seven Kingdoms. Do you think honor keeps them in line? Do you think it's honor that's keeping the peace? It's fear! Fear and blood!"

"Then you are no better than the Mad King." I look up at him in shock.

"Careful Ned. Careful now."

"He's right. You speak of murdering a child. A girl of my age." I say and glare at him.

"You want to assassinate a girl. All because a spider heard a rumor."

"It's not rumor my lords." Varys steps in. "The princess is with child." I look at him. Furrowing my eyebrows for him to help in Ned's favor. He looks away from me.

"Based on whose information?"

"See Jorah Mormont. He is serving as advisor to the Targaryens."

"Mormont. You bring us the whispers of a traitor half a world away and call it fact?"

"He was a Slaver. Not a traitor. Small difference to an honorable man I know." Petyr adds carefully I glare.

"And now he serves the Targaryens. And betrays then as well? Once a traitor always a traitor lord Baelish." I spit at him.

"Quiet girl." Robbert grumbles. "If He is right. And she has a son? A Targaryen at the head of a Dothraki army... What then?"

"The Narrow sea still lies between us, Father!" I say. He continues to ignore me.

"I will fear the Dothraki when they teach their horses to walk on water."

"Do nothing? That's your wise advice? Do nothing til our enemies are on our shores? You're my council? Counsel! Speak sense to this honorable fool."

"I understand your misgivings, my Lord. Truly, I do. It is a terrible thing we must consider, a vile thing. Yet, we who presume to rule must sometimes do vile things for the good of the realm. Should the gods grant Daenerys a son, the realm will bleed." Varys pleads with him. I shake my head at the thought. She's pregnant. She shows us no threat.

"I bear this girl no ill will," Maester Pycelle admits. "but should the Dothraki invade, how many innocents will die? How many towns will burn? Is it not wiser, kinder even, that she should die now so that tens of thousands might live?"

"We should have had them both killed years ago." Renly shrugs. I roll my eyes and stare at him. He frowns at me.

"When you find yourself in bed with an ugly woman, best close your eyes, get it over with. Cut her throat. Be done with it." Baelish gives out his wise wisdom.

"Such a great analogy my lord." I grumble at him sarcastically.

"I followed you into war - twice, without doubts, without second thoughts." Ned goes on to say. He looks at him with such disappointment. "But I will not follow you now. The Robert I grew up with didn't tremble at the shadow of an unborn child." I start to stand to go next to him but Varys grabs my hand swiftly and pulls me back into my seat.

"Don't interfere princess. It will only do you harm." He whispers to me calmly. I squirm away from his grasp but stay seated. I should trust him. He wouldn't let this happen would he?

"She dies." The king commands simply. I look at him with disappointment eyes. Of course.

"I will have no part in it."

"You're the King's Hand, Lord Stark. You'll do as I command or I'll find me a Hand who will." I watch as Ned removes his badge and places it on the table. I look to my father who seems like he is about to explode.

"And good luck to him. I thought you were a better man."

"Out! Out, damn you! I'm done with you. Go! Run back to Winterfell! I'll have your head on a spike! I'll put it there myself, you fool! You think you're too good for this? Too proud and honorable? This is a war!" He yells at him as Ned leaves the room quickly. I watch him go and look at Varys for help. He looks at the escaping Hand and frowns.

"Honorable but not smart." He mutters to me. I stand and walk out of the room. Away from my fathers yells.

(( I'm skipping a bit of time to the next chapter. To like after everything happened with Tyrion and Ned getting stabbed and finding out about the children to Robbert on his death bed I guess ))