Chapter 13: Prince

Mae's Pov

"Leave him alone!" i yelled to Melina while she picked on Jason and ripped off one of his Barbie's heads off, he started crying

"Or what?" she sassed with her guy friends right behind her, i flinched and ran off, they chased after me and attacked me to the snow, together beating on me...

Once they were done, they walked off and i just laid here motionless, everything hurts...

Jason walked up to me and offered his hand shyly, i didn't take it "you didn't have to do that.." he cried "i can always buy new Barbies..." i smiled weakly and saw that it started to snow

"With a new Barbie, the head will be ripped off again... try protecting it" he nodded and still offered his hand, i shook my head "i'll be okay... you get home"

"You sure?" i nodded, then watched him walk back to the school, i eventually got up and got my coat to get ready to go home, i had my head down the whole time so no one can see something that might be on my face...

"Mae? are you okay?" my teacher asked, i ignored her while putting on my scarf, opened my umbrella and walked out "M-Mae!"

I didn't want to talk to anyone... i just want to go home and explain to my mommy what happened... hopefully i don't get in trouble

As i walked, i saw something in the corner of my eye in a alley. it was a boy... with lots of snow on his long brown hair... he had a short sleeve on and had lots of bruises on him... I think i see some blood...

I offered his help, but he shooed me away, so i cleaned his face for him... he snatched my wrist and bit it... i wanted to cry from the scary pain, but i held in my tears... I can't show weakness

Right when i couldn't stand the pain, i pulled away and saw nothing on my wrist... Huh? I ignored it and offered my help again, he shooed me away. i'm not taking no for an answer, i can't leave him cold like this... even when his bruises disappear...

I gave him my scarf so he can keep warm, he just stares at me when ever i help him... his eyes were so pretty! they're like crystals!

He pulled me to his lap and opened the scarf so it can cover us like a blanket, i'll keep him warm... i don't like people in pain or anything related...

We act each other dozens of questions, i told him how hope is always by you... that's why i don't get scared to stand up to people and help the need... you would want it back right?

I love when this boy talked, and i love looking at his pretty eyes... my walky tacky went off and mom wondered where i was, i was too young for a cell phone... i had to go... but i really didn't want to leave him...

"I'll walk you home Snowflake" he smiled, he's like a prince... I smiled and nodded, he took my hand and walked me home, i was so happy right now... i think i found my prince charming... instead of rescuing me, i rescued him!

"What you singing there snowflake?" he chuckled, i wanna hear him laugh more...

"I don't know... just something random... may you sing for me?" I asked, princes sing for their princesses, right?

He sang me a really pretty song right in front of me, his smile was nice and his eyes shined... I couldn't help but kiss him like in the stories, he looked at me surprised... maybe i shouldn't had done that...

"Sowy..." i frowned, he chuckled and kissed my forehead, i smiled happily

"It's okay snowflake" i giggled and we started walking to my home again. once we got there i tugged on his shirt, he came to my height and i gave him my favorite crystal i use as a good luck charm