Moving

Emily's POV

SUNDAY EVENING

After a two long dragging weeks at the bleak office, it was finally time for a week off. Though this week would be spent moving into the new house. OUR house. I was sitting on my couch picking at a bag of crisps whilst Jim was packing some of my bedroom furniture in some brown boxes.

"Em are you going to get off your ass and help me?!" Jim shouted out from the bedroom.

"Ummm nope?" I say popping the "p"

Jim carries another two brown boxes out of my room effortlessly and dropped them near the door ready to be taken down to our cars. Jim plopped down next to me stuffing his hand into the bag of crisps. We sat into a comfortable silence.

"I still find it so weird that you called these 'crisps' and not 'chips'" he laughed

I laughed with him. Jim was starring at the blank TV screen whilst I played with the elegant ring on my finger. I still couldn't believe I was going to get married to the most loving caring man in the world. I've began writing the invitation list, which may I add was extremely difficult. I'd starting collecting bridal magazines and flicking through them. Me and Jim both knew we wanted to get married up in Niagara Falls because it's beautiful there and it's the place we've talked about the most and it would be hard for most people in the office to get too. I am in no rush at all to get married to Jim.

Now all of my stuff was bubble wrapped and stuffed into brown boxes. It was 10pm and Jim and I, well mainly Jim, were cuddled up on my sofa. My head resting on his chest.

MONDAY MORNING

Jim and I started packing boxes into our cars.

"You ready!?" I shouted out to Jim who was at his car shutting the boot.

"Yep!" He shouted back.

We took our separate cars to the new house, where we were greeted with Dwight and Michael standing outside. I asked Dwight to help out considering he worked on a farm and all. And the fact that he practically gave himself up as free labour. However I wasn't expecting Michael.

Me and Jim pulled up into the driveway of our new home. He got out and looked at me weirdly whilst I just sent him a soft smile.

"Hey Dwight ... and Michael" I announced

"I hope you don't mind I invited him I thought we could use the extra man power as you are a woman and Jim isn't that strong either" Dwight exclaimed.

"Oh really?" I said cocking a brow and folding my arms at him for making fun of my strength.

I picked up a box from the boot of my car and took it into the kitchen as it was all the plates and cutlery. Jim soon followed me into the kitchen with a box of glasses. He set the down gently and turned to me,

"Why'd you invite them?!" He spoke in a hush tone.

"I invited Dwight as I thought we could do with the help!" I exclaimed my point.

"Why the hell is Michael here!" Jim announced.

"I don't know! Dwight invited him to help!" I replied back.

"Ugh why'd you have to do that!" Jim exclaimed whilst he rolled his eyes.

I carried on grabbing boxes and placing them in their allocated rooms. Soon enough the moving van has arrived. Dwight, Jim and Michael all went and helped the moving men carry the furniture into the house.

MONDAY EVENING

Finally all of the furniture was inside the house. Both Jim and I were in the process of selling our old places. I was currently in the kitchen unpacking all of the crockery and pots into cupboards and various draws within the kitchen. My cat was spending the night at Angela's just so she'd be out of the way whist we were sorting all of the house out and Angela practically begged me to let her have a sleepover with my small cat.
I hadn't spoken to Jim since our little disagreement, if you could call it that, this morning, we'd just kept distance from each other all day. Michael and Dwight were great help in all honesty, they helped bring in large furniture and multiple boxes. I got to the last but one box and decided to take a break. I took the packaging off the new chairs and sat down on one grabbing a glass of water from the fridge. I head footsteps entering the kitchen and I averted my eyes to my phone screen whist sipping on a bottle of cool water.

"Hey" Jim finally the awkward silence.

"Hi" I said not making any eye contact with him at all hoping he'd get the point that I was annoyed with him.

"I'm sorry" he softly said as he placed a hand upon my knee.

"What are you sorry for?" I said folding my arms and raising my brows. Hoping to get a little more out of him.

"For being rude towards your decisions earlier, Dwight and Michael were actually great help" he replied scratching his neck.

"Glad you know I make good decisions" I replied with a chuckle easing the tension.

"Shall we head up to our new bedroom" Jim questioned me.

"Do you mean a room with a mattress on the floor?" I laughed.

Jim replied just with a laugh which was enough of a response for me. We headed to our new shared bedroom.

We finally had our own home. And I couldn't be happier.