The Dates

Jim's POV

So me and Emily have been on a few dates now and it's been incredible. For our second date we went for a picnic under the starts, she made the picnic and planned it all. For our third date I planned it and it was an outdoor movie in the park. She provided the wine obviously.
Now I'm sitting at my desk reminiscing about our dates and the memories we made. I gave Emily the occasional glance and then continued on with my work.
  I text her with the words "meet me around the back of the office". She looked at her phone then looked at me nodding her head. I honestly couldn't get enough of her, she was practically perfect in every way.
I walked down to the back of the building and waited for Emily to show up.

"Hey" she called out as she placed a sweet soft kiss on my cheek.

"Hey" I replied wrapping my hands around her waist. "How about dinner and movies at my place tonight? I'll even cook?" I offered

"That sounds wonderful!" She excitedly replied

"It's a date then" I announced and she blushed.

I planted a kiss onto her lips and we made out for a few minutes before we made our way back into the office. We took our seats and continued our work.

And I thought "tonight's the night I'll finally ask her"

Emily's POV

I couldn't be happier with Jim. He was amazing, gentle, sweet, kind and not to mention extremely attractive. We weren't official yet but I didn't mind, I just enjoyed his company. Ughhh he's just amazing. And now dinner and movies at his. Everything is perfect. I was eating my lunch in the break room and Erin walked in with her lunch in a brown paper bag. She sat down next to me and opened her bag. She's my best friend here, even though she can be slow sometimes I still loved her.

"How's Jim" she whispered

I smirked at what she said and it turned into a smile

"Great, I'm having dinner at his tonight" I replied

"Ooooo it sounds like it's becoming more official" She said with a smile growing on her face.

We finished our lunch chatting and joking around. We both returned to our desks when Michael called another conference meeting. To which most of the office groaned at.
I sat with Jim at the back of the room and part way through the meeting Jim's hand made its way to my thigh, he'd never done this before but wow. I knew he was doing it innocently but this was the first time he had done anything like this but it felt amazing. You could cut the sexual tension with a chain saw. He just kept his hand still, however he gave the occasional soft squeeze.
I had no idea what Michael was blabbing on about but he was doing some sort of rap. I was daydreaming about Jim and how amazing he is, cringy I know I just didn't want to listen to Michael drone on about some shit.
When we left the conference room after what seemed like 5 hours, I checked the clock and it read 4:30pm, half an hour left.
I sat back down on my desk and did a tiny bit more work before I knew it was pulling my coat over my shoulders to leave the building. Jim told me to go over his for 6:30pm and as it was a Friday night we were able to drink without too many consequences.
I got back to my apartment, changed out of my work clothes and into some jeans and a nice black top. I packed a little over night bag just in case I end up drinking too much wine. I looked at the clock on my phone and it read it "5:45" so I thought I might as well leave as it's a ten minute drive. I took one last looking in the mirror before heading out the front door to the hallway and headed down to my little car.
I made it at Jim's and I knocked on his door and I was greeted with a big smile on his gorgeous face. He quickly pecked my lips before speaking up.

"Come in please" he gestured me to go into his living room

"Ooo what is that smell" I said as I inhaled some of this amazing smelling food.

"That is dinner sweetheart" he replied with a smile, and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Do you need to me do anything?" I politely asked.

He shook his head politely declining my offer.

I sat down on his plush comfy sofa in front of the television and waited for dinner. Jim had lit candles on a small wooden table covered with a table cloth and set the table.

"It's ready" he called out to me

I took a seat at the well laid out table and put a napkin over my skirt just incase my mouth decided to miss food.

"I made carbonara like we had on our first date" he said with the biggest smile.

I mentally "awwh'ed" at his cuteness.

"It's perfect, this is perfect and you're perfect" I said as I lent over the table to kiss him. We tucked into dinner and not to be biased it was amazing.

"Jim I didn't know you were such an amazing cook!" I proclaimed

"I do try" he smiled back at me.'

After we had finished we both did the dishes and put them away. He opened another bottle of wine and we sat down on the sofa. Me on one end and Jim on the other. We started watching Friends instead of a film. Jim made me scoot over to him and I did so but leaving a small space between us. Then he scooted over to me and wrapped an arm around me. I looked up at him and smiled as he placed a small kiss onto my forehead. We finished our glasses of wine and placed them down onto the coffee table. I put my feet up under me on the couch, still in Jim's hold, and rested my head onto his shoulder. Now both of Jim's protective arms were wrapped around my small frame.

"You tired baby?" Jim questioned me.

"Just a little" I replied as I rubbed my eyes.

"Let's go to bed, I'm assuming you're staying here after drinking a bottle of wine." he said as he started to get up off the couch.

I laughed at his remark. Me and Jim had never shared a bed before so I was slightly nervous but also excited. I changed into my pyjamas and took my makeup off as Jim settled into his comfy bed, I crawled under the sheets and wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his around me. Before I fell into a deep sleep Jim spoke up.

"Hey Em?" He spoke softly

"Hmm" I replied

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" He questioned

Finally, he asked me. I've been waiting and it's happened and it couldn't have been in a better place. A bed.

"Only if you'll be my boyfriend" I remarked

"You know I would do that in a blink of an eye" he replied as he turned to face me and he placed a soft kiss onto my nose.

Finally I could say I was Jim Halpert's girlfriend

A/N

Hello! Sorry this took a little longer I've been caught up in college work and haven't had a lot of time to write. ❤️