The Engagement part 2

The ride to the airport was short, we parked the car and unloaded the boot. Me and Jim smiled at each other and took each other's hands and walked into the airport. Jim checked our suitcases in so I wouldn't find out where we were going to. We got through security smoothly and we were now walking through duty free.

"Hey babe, smell this!" I said and I sprayed perfume on my wrist and lifted it up to his nose.

"It's lovely" he smiled

"I'm going to get it" I announced.

Jim swiftly took the perfume from my hand and waltzed over the the till where he paid for it.

"Here" He said passing me the perfume.

"I hate you" I said with a smile then laughing.

By the time we finished in duty free it was 8pm and our gate opened in 30 mins.

"Babe want to get some sandwiches for the plane?" I questioned.

Jim just simply nodded and we made our way to a shop which sold food. We grabbed some snacks and drinks for the flight so we didn't have to pay for the expensive airplane food.

"Want to know where we are going hun, as you're going to find out soon anyways?" Jim said with a booming smile

"Yes! Tell meeee!" I pleaded.

"We are going to New Haven and we are staying in the Blake Hotel" He said as he grabbed my hands with excitement

"Ooooo posh" I smiled "thank you so much for this darling, it'll be nice to get away for a few days just up" I replied as I hugged him tightly.

They soon called our gate, everyone boarded, we all sat down in our allocated seats and then the stewards did their shindig soon after we were in the air. It's only an hour flight but I still got comfy. I was snuggled up next to Jim who had his head phones in. I rested my head on his shoulder and tucked my legs underneath me. A while after Jim noticed I was snuggled next to him he took on of his ear buds out and placed it into mine. Which was insanely adorable.
Soon enough the flight was over and we had landed in New Haven. We took our small suitcases with us and we hopped into a taxi. Jim told the man where to go. It wasn't a long ride but I wasn't a short one either. We stepped into the hotel and it was definitely the most beautiful one I had ever stayed in. We checked in to the hotel and were shown our room.

"Oh my god, Jim this is beautiful!" I said as I smiled looking up to him.

"Beautiful room for a beautiful woman" he chucked

"That was so cheesy" I said as I laughed.

"It was, wasn't it?" He said laughing.

We unpacked and changed into our pyjamas. We hoped into the big comfy king sized bed.

"This weekend is going to be perfect" Jim called out as he wrapped his arms around me

"It will be" I said as I looked up to him. We both instantly fell fast asleep in each other's arms

The next morning

Jim's POV

I woke up with Emily's back facing me. We both like our space when sleeping but we didn't mind the occasional cuddle. And today was finally the day. I'm going to propose. I have never been so scared. It'll be perfect tho. A night time walk after our dinner, under the stars, just us. Perfection. I decided to hop in the shower before Em woke up.

Emily's POV

I woke up, turned over and there was no sign of Jim. I heard the shower running and decided to be cheeky. I stripped off, tied my hair back and jumped in the shower with Jim. I wrapped my arms around him and place my head on his back.