I watched my kind and inquisitive brother Luca, who would annoy me and anyone near him who had ears with his never ending questions and chatter, became detached and distance himself from others. He stopped asking questions and starting finding answers on his own because he lost hope that someone would care enough to answer and his ability to trust what they say if they do. The only people he is close to and truly trusts is me and Jace. He mostly avoids interacting with others unless it's for business purposes or necessary, and I have never seen him engage intimately with a woman. I would think that he's a virgin if I didn't know that he was violated and raped, along with Jace and I, by the disgusting women in the council.

Since we turned thirteen, they decided to teach us how to pleasure them, so that there would be some use for us. They used to be the closest thing to a mother we had, showing us more care then the rest of the council, but I guess that was just to groom and prepare us so it would be easier to abuse and use us later. It taught us how to be gods in bed, but it fucked my brothers up. It's the reason Luca refuses to touch women, and it's the reason Jace became a whore. I also think it's the reason we have an extreme desire to dominate and have complete control in bed, probably due to the lack of control we had experienced all those years.

Jace who loved to make everyone laugh started to use the memory of his once genuine fun loving self who found joy and laughter in the simplest things as a mask to cover up what had become reality. It's as though he believes if he projects a fake version of who he used to be, that it will eventually become real. Everyone sees him as the relaxed and easygoing brother. The one who loves to have fun and fuck around, but I as his brother know he's just trying to forget what he went through, that's he's trying to regain who he once was. He fucks multiple women a day, trying to forget and wash away what was done to him. It's like he thinks the more women he fucks and pleasures by choice, the easier it will be for the memories of those women and what they forced him to do, to just fade away.

While Jace thinks excessive fucking will make his problems go away, Luca believes our mate will. He denies it, but it's obvious when you see the glint of hope that sparks in his eyes when the topic of our mate comes up like I have so many times. I hate to diminish that spark, but it's best to smother it before it gets him hurt. We fell for false promises in the form of 'love' and 'affection' from the council women once, but I won't let it happen again with our mate. We only need to care for and love one another, no one else, not even our mate. I won't let our mate hurt my brothers, I won't let anything hurt them. Never again.

Identical twins and triplets are rare in the supernatural world. There have only been a few reported cases over the last few centuries, enough to count on one hand. In each instance, the siblings all have one mate they share. There is one soulmate for each soul, together they complete one another. Identical twins and triplets share one soul amongst themselves so they all consist of one soul that is paired with one other.

Mates are drawn to each other with the mate bond they share. It draws mates together and grows stronger over time. They are also important to the survival of supernatural creatures. We can only reproduce with our destined mate. When we find our mate, we would have to complete the mate bond to be able to create an offspring. All three of us would have to mark and mate her to complete it, to bring together all the parts of the split soul, which would strengthen the bond between us nth times. So if we want a child, we need our mate. None of us currently desire to be fathers, and probably won't for a few centuries, but if we do decide to have a child, we will be the best fathers and give it the loving family that we never got. That is if it's even a possibility at this point. We've lived for just over two centuries and have not met our mate yet, most meet them in the first century of their lives. That means that our mate is most likely dead. If she is still alive, we may not love our mate but will stay with her to give our child a happy life. Besides that, we have no need for her. We will need to keep her to ensure our child has a mother and that she doesn't get killed or die. We would be able to tell through the completed mate bond if she does, and when a mate dies once a bond is completed, their other half goes mad, unable to handle the connection being severed.