Tenth Lie

"Then, Kao-chan will not join? Why?" Tsubaki asked Kaori. She is currently eating her lunch in the rooftop with Kaori. Tsubaki went to Kaori's class earlier and invite her to eat lunch together. Kaori does not have to eat lunch but she also missed hanging out with Tsubaki hence she accepted her offer and they went to the rooftop. They talked about random things and Tsubaki opened up about the incoming Violin Competition that Kosei informed her when Kaori said that she's not joining, she was quite surprised.

"Well… I don't really feel like joining. I don't want to join and play half-heartedly, that's kind of cruel and it's like mocking the other competitors right?" she reasoned out and Tsubaki nodded.

The reason kind of make sense and truthfully, Tsubaki does not wish Kaori to join if she really does not want to. She's still recovering from what happened to her family, it is fine if Kaori would not like to join or if Kaori does not want to play violin anymore. Like how she still supported Kosei when he stopped playing, she will also support Kaori. She just wishes that Kaori will not push herself just to make things... normal again.

"I'm sorry if I can't join.," Kaori mumbled, her voice sounds so small as if she's afraid that they will be disappointed about her decision. Tsubaki felt her heart being torn as she looks at Kaori.

Kaori never looks so small but looking at her now, she's like a fragile glass that is about to break. She feels like hugging her dear friend so tight but if she does it now, Kaori might be creeped out. Tsubaki sighed.

"What are you sorry for?" Tsubaki pat her head and smiled at her fondly, "If Kao-chan does not want it, then isn't that fine? Well, if you're not joining then, maybe we can hang out on Sunday? Kosei keeps you too much to himself and we can't even disturb you two!" she pouted and hugged Kaori possessively.

Kaori smiled warmly feeling secure because of the hug. She really needs the hug right now and she felt like crying but she held back.

"Yes, let's go out on Sunday!"

"Good! Let's go on a date, just the two of us and let's make Kosei and Watari jealous." Tsubaki grinned like a maniac. She can't wait to make those two jealous. For sure, Kosei will sulk like a kid.

'Serves you right?' Tsubaki thought as she sniggered.

Kaori who is oblivious about Tsubaki's thought shivered. Did she just feel an ominous aura?