Prologue

"Hey, Arima Kosei. Do you ever feel like flying?"

".....no. Instead of that, I want to stay here. With all of you."

"Pft! That's embarrassing to say, Kosei!"

"S-shut up. I am just being honest."

"I know. You are so innocent and honest. But, it is a shame don't you think so?"

"What is?"

"I would like to fly. Higher."

"....why?"

Kaori turned around and faced the beautiful night lights of the city. Kosei looked at the frail girl with confusion.

"I would like my message to reach everyone and the only way to do so is to fly." She answered with a soft voice.

"Is that really necessary? I... I can help you. I don't think you need to go that far. We can help you." Kosei does not like the way she sounds.

It is as if she plans to go away from them, away from him. And he doesn't like that.

But Kaori just answered him with a smile and he grows frustrated as he cannot read what's on her mind.

Kaori is a complicated girl and he would like to understand her to support her and help her in everything. She saved him and yet he can't do anything for her.

The wind blew, and he hugged his own body from the cold. But Kaori still did not move. She's staring far away, as her hair dance with the wind.

'I want to stay like this forever. So don't go away without me. Miyazono, you don't have any plan to leave me right?' that is what he would like to ask but he does not have enough courage to do so.

She gave him her usual sweet smile. He was about to say something when she started to speak with an unusually quiet voice,

"Will you really help me? Then.." she paused.

He looked at her with longing and as if feeling his gaze, Kaori turned and looked at him.

"Hey, Arima Kosei-kun, will you save me?"