She laughs, dimples shining through as her face lights up. My heart jumps.

"Alright. Look at me."

"Finally done?"

"Yep!" She hands me a mirror. "What do you think?"

"I look ridiculous. . . but it's so different than how I usually look," It's like I'm looking at a filter on Snapchat. I guess it's not all that bad; I kinda like how my eyes turned out.  "I. . . Thanks for this what you did."

"Tell me everything, okay? Dance or no dance." She holds up a few dresses she thinks would look good on me. I turn down her offer. She's going all out for me, and I can't say I don't appreciate it, but dresses make me feel a bit too exposed. "Don't leave a single detail out!"

A few hours have passed, and I'm now standing like an idiot in front of his door. One hand clutches the end of my shirt, while the other is inches away from knocking on the door. It's only Odd, so what am I worried about?

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. There's a muffled 'come in!' from the other side.

Okay, nope. There are a lot of things I'm worried about. Confronting him about this could ruin our friendship and make things even more awkward. There's a chance he'll take it as a joke and laugh at me. He could already have other plans. I probably look like a clown, and he'll make jokes out of that. Xana could attack. The list can go on.

"Hey," I step inside, and Kiwi happily greets me. I bent down and gave the little guy some head pats. "You gotta sec to spare?" Just being in here is making my anxiety worse.

"Sure," Odd has a pile of his things surrounding him on the floor as he digs through his drawers. Finally, he seems to find what he's looking for and crams everything else back into hiding. "What's up?"

"I know you probably don't want to hear this right now, but I need to apologize for the other day." Geez, my hands are incredibly clammy. "What I said was way out of line, and I saw how uncomfortable it made you. I know I can't really make up for what happened, and I get it if you don't want to stay friends with me, but lets at least be cool with each other when we need to take care of Lyoko business; that good with you?"

Kiwi whimpers as the silence grows. The longer it goes on, the more I fear I screwed things up worse than I thought.

"I'm glad you dared to say something first," Odd stands up and dusts off his clothes. He's wearing nothing special other than his usual day-to-day clothes. "I was pretty sure I had overreacted since I didn't say anything the entire way back. And if anything, I'd be curious to learn what else ya know from what you watched. No doubt they made me amazingly handsome and perfect, right?"

"Truce?"

"Yeah. Truce."

"So, Uhm, are you free tonight then? I-I mean, it's not like I'm asking you out on another date to go to the dance. Not that our last hangout was a date or anything! But, well, I know you like to dance, and I like hanging out with you. But just as friends!"

"The dance?" Odd questions. "Oh! I Completely forgot! Sorry, (Y/n)! I already made plans to see Sam tonight! She found a way to meet me; isn't that great?"

"Ah," Sam? Of course, it's her. Why wouldn't it be? "No, that's fine! I'll, uh, see you later!"

It's like I couldn't have left his room fast enough. I think rather than being upset, I'm more embarrassed than anything. Nothing terrible happened, so that's good. He just had other plans. He has other plans with someone he actually likes! I'm a complete idiot.