15

I'm hanging off the side of William's bed while eating Oreos. He's sitting upright beside me, gently strumming the chords of his guitar. "And you're not going because?"

Christmas Break is a day away, and the school decided to hold its annual end-of-the-year dance tonight.

"Dances aren't really my thing anymore." He plays a quiet tune. "I'm going to the movies if you wanna join me instead?"

"I would, but I might head to the dance. I have someone that I kinda wanna ask out." I'm sure it's beyond obvious by now, but I can't bring myself to say his name. "I don't know how, but I'll wing it."

"Oh, so you do like someone?" William teases, knowing full well who it is.

"It's not like that. I just. . . want to make things less awkward, you know?"

"I don't doubt it." William chuckles and sets aside his guitar. He leans over me and grabs an Oreo. "Offer still stands after the disaster."

My phone beeps, and my screen lights up. I try and read it the best I can since it's on the floor and facing the other way. I'm pretty sure it's a text from Sissi.

I slump out of his bed and text back.

Sissi
I just finished getting ready
hurry over!

(Y/n)
I'm omw! 

"Thanks for the Oreos, Will. I gotta go meet up with Sissi for a bit." I stand and try my best not to fall over.

"See ya later, (N/n)."

I knocked on her door a few times before entering. Sissi finishes scribbling down whatever thoughts she had left in her diary and shoves it under her pillows.

"Took you long enough!" I barely have time to blink before she sits me down on her bed and pulls out her makeup bag. "Okay, do you want to go all out? Or maybe just a touch-up?"

"I've never worn makeup before?" I shrug. "I'm not sure what would look good on me."

"Then I'll just do some basics and go from there." She pulls over her chair and takes out multiple makeup items. "Alright. Close your eyes."

I shut my eyes, feeling Sissi's warm fingertips gently tugging under my eyelid. I don't understand why they made eyeliner an actual pencil. If you're not paying attention, you wouldn't realize you've wasted twenty-five dollars on homework until it is too late.

"Okay, so how weird do I look?"

"Weird? Not at all!" She touches up the edge of my eyelid and moves to the next. "I'm jealous of how long your lashes are."

"Thanks?"

I'm trying my best not to blink and mess up her work. I feel weird, but maybe I do look somewhat nice.

"So, are you going to ask him tonight?" She pulls out what I think is foundation and holds it to my face. She dabs little spots on my face with a hum and blends it in.

"It's not like that," I gaze the other way. "We're just friends! And I'm not even asking him out for the dance; I need to get something off my chest. So it technically doesn't even count, right? Just two friends talking to each other. Nothing weird about that."

I glance back up at Sissi and see the widest grin imaginable. "God, you're adorable, you know that?"

"Adorable!?" My voice involuntarily cracks. I clear my throat and pretend it didn't phase me. "I am not the adorable one here. If anything, it's you!"

「Odd x Reader」Edge of RealityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara