5

'Life is so unpredictable. Changes always come along in big or small ways. I don't know what happened for this sudden change in my life has turned my whole world upside down. There is something really special about you. And if you're up to it, I would like us to meet during lunch in the park today.'

I groan as I bang my head on the table. It's too early for this. Way too early. I understand that we're teenagers and all, but people need to control their hormones.

A laugh spills out of the brunette sitting to my right. "Any harder and you'd accomplish giving yourself a concussion."

I hit his shoulder in hopes of leaving a small bruise, like the ones I've been receiving throughout the week. "Just read the note already."

Ulrich grabs the paper and glances at me every few sentences. "You've got to be kidding me." He runs his hand through his hair before he slides the note back. "What is this, the second letter now?"

"Try third," I sit up and almost fall back in my chair, feeling my lack of sleep starting to catch up with me. "Does it look like this stupid letter is joking to you, Ulrich?"

"Well, isn't someone grumpy?" He giggles.

"Guess who fault that is? You're the one teaching me your stupid martial arts for when I eventually go to Lyoko." I roll my eyes.

"First of all, it's not stupid." I notice the corner of his left eye twitch. "Second, it's Pencak Silat, a class of Indonesian martial arts."

"Ooh, look at you with your fancy martial arts." I wave my hands around in the air. "I'm Ulrich, and I can kick anyone's butt who decides to pick on me, oooo~."

"Ulrich, stop teasing (Y/n)!" Odd huffs as he sits down beside us. "Just because you have a weird fetish for martial arts doesn't mean you can be rude."

"Wha- how am I the one teasing her?!"

"Settle down, you two," Aelita smiles kindly and sits down beside Jeremie. "I don't mean to be rude but, I rather not hear the sound of bickering so early in the morning."

I grin happily as Ulrich sighs and crosses his arms. I win this round, Grumpy.

"Anyway, Odd, you're pretty. . ." I pause and think for a moment for a word that wouldn't hurt his feelings. "okay, at love advice, right?" I ask.

He nods and scarfs down his croissant. "From asking someone out to dumping them, I'm your guy!"

"More like how to be the one to get dumped." Yumi snickers, the table laughs.

Odd sticks out his tongue before scooting closer. "I hate to help give you away, but who's the lucky guy that stole your heart?"

"I'm not in love with anyone. . . B-Besides, I've only been here for a week." I sigh. "I just wanna clear things up with him."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

I smile at the gesture. Big Bro William strikes again. I think he's actually starting to act like the sibling everyone thinks he is to me. His mood has slowly been improving around others everyone and surprising hasn't started too many fights with Ulrich when I'm around. . . I, uh, might need to help him a bit more.

"Nah, this won't take too long, thanks anyway."

"Have fun with your date~!" I groan at Odd's remark. I'm not surprised he'd say something like that, but still, he just had to say it.

It's relatively sunny out with a few clouds here and there, the warmth of the sun's light is shinning effortlessly through the trees. There's this nice and gentle breeze that passes by now and then, blowing away the loose leaves right into my face. I wish it could be this nice all the time.