Part I - Chapter Eleven

I sat at the kitchen bench munching on my fourth slice of toast as I looked at all the Alphas and Betas that were present. Smith watched me in fascination shaking his amused head as he ate his cereal, no doubt recalling my earlier discussion with him.

Smith wanted me to join them at breakfast, I told them over my dead body as I liked to eat alone in my room, and now I was here because I was starving and thought that no one would be here as it was a solid hour and a half since our conversation.

No, instead they all had a run together, and now were eating breakfast.

After doing some more research last night, I had fallen asleep at a weird angle on the ground which made my neck ache all morning. Even the hottest temperature on the shower didn't relax it, and Gideon noticed every time I lifted my arm to massage it.

"You should train with us today," He said as I lifted it again. This time it wasn't just my arm I lifted, but my eyebrows too.

"I think I'm trained enough, thanks," I replied. Training after all this bread? I needed a nap.

Not to mention Hercules' pack were killing machines, all they did was train all the time. They were impressive to watch and I really didn't want to get on the other side of them.

Gideon himself was someone I used to call the 'hulk' because the man was just impressive from head to toe and packed a solid punch.

"I think it'll be good for you," Loch joined in from beside me, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"No thank you," I said munching on my full of sugar and definitely not good for you toast.

"Come on, I have a new trick I want to show you, it'll fix your neck," Giden pesterested beside me. I sighed.

"Fine." I took the last bit of toast in my mouth, I was going to regret this.

* *********

I was dying.

"Come on get up, I didn't know that you were this weak," Giden laughed as he looked at me sprawled on the ground.

I liked the ground better, I could see the stunning blue sky, my view being ruined by Gideon laughing. It was one of his rare laughing moments, no doubt enjoying making me taste grass.

I nearly had him, I was doing really well till he grabbed my ponytail yanking it back and using that distraction to flip me. Otherwise it would have been him on the ground, but that's the thing. You could use anything and everything to win over your opponent and I really should have placed my hair in a bun.

"Want to go again so I can break this tie we have?" He asked, holding out a hand. I grabbed it and he helped me come to my feet.

"Nope. We're even now, I think I'm done," I replied. It was one all, perhaps now his ego would be satisfied that he finally got one over me.

"Aw come on, you were doing so good," he said reaching for me.

I wiped my sweaty arms on my leggings and shook my head getting up, "Yes I was good but you clearly used the move I taught you so no more. You're like a mother fucking hulk and I'm a fat caterpillar I don't need any bones broken."

"Beauty and the beast," Marcus joked as he walked by and I slapped the back of his head, hard, and he tripped over as Gideon threw his head back laughing loudly.

"Shut the trap Marcus," Gideon added.

Marcus glared at me rubbing the back of his head, "You're just offended that I called Gideon the beauty you beast."