Part I - Chapter Twelve

I was impressed with Cameron arriving within twenty-four hours like he said. I was outside the pack house waiting for him to pull up. To the side of the driveway was the oval where the wolves were all in training.

I had gone for a morning run with Gideon and Marcus, trying to beat them around the oval. I could make them out in the distance helping members of Damien's pack learn resistance training.

There was a loud honk, and I looked up as I saw someone wave, a hand sticking out the car window.

I smiled, waving back.

"Did you miss me?" Cameron screamed as he did a terrible park in the driveway, rushing out of the car.

"Always," I said honestly, he was the only person that I trusted. I had practically grown up with him, he was family.

"Were you eyeing the shirtless, half naked men? I saw you," He smirked as he handed me a piece of paper.

"No I was looking at Marcus," I said, the only guy wearing a shirt in this entire oval.

Cameron made a noise, "Yeah sure you were, nothing wrong with some eye candy. It's getting hot in here."

I sighed "Oh yeah I should have told you, warning! Potential seizure from all the chiseled chests out there," I rolled my eyes.

I opened up the piece of paper that was in front of me and smiled, "Wow you got it fast."

Last night I had called Cameron asking him to apply for a request to visit Alpha Caine's premises.

"Of course. Helps when people at work like me," he said, nudging me with his shoulder. The dates were listed as well as applications received. A search was not allowed to be conducted just yet, another application needed to be lodged. This was simply for us to have a discussion with him.

"I was just saying we might need one since we don't know whether he is harbouring Catherin. Do we have authority to go there and ask questions?" I asked Cameron. This wasn't really exactly why I was here.

"Well Catherin is a wanted fugitive so if we have insight that she may be alive then why not question Caine," he shrugged.

"I don't know..." I said handing the paper back to him, "Should we ask Hercules first about that report we got, about him talking to her?"

"Alpha Ryder is part of the investigation if he's been in contact with a fugitive too, we can't risk it." he said.

True... he had a point.

"Don't worry. I ran this by George and John." Cameron placed the note in his pocket, rolling up the sleeve to his grey shirt. Official approval made it more comfortable that they were okay with us looking into this matter.

Besides Cameron's intelligence was never wrong, I just wanted it to be because I didn't want to believe someone could come back from the dead.

"I'll come with you," I said.

Cameron shook his head, "Hill..." he placed a hand on my shoulder, "You know Caine won't like you there."

"I'm just doing my job. Surely he can't kill me for it? If he tries then I'm ready" I nodded.

"What are you kids doing here and not training?" A new voice said as they approached us.

Cameron squealed a happy squeal as he saw Gideon, both of them shaking hands.

"How good to see that you have not lost an ounce of muscle." Cameron nodded, impressed.

Gideon chuckled, "It's been what? Two years? More?"