The truth

Chloe's POV

I woke up to the sun hitting my face. I groaned in discomfort. I rolled over and got up slowly. I got up and stretched. I looked at my window. I saw a sticky note on the window.

I walked over to the window and opened it. I grabbed the sticky note and read it.

'Our spot'

I smiled. He wanted to meet at the park. It was our spot. I loved that it was our spot. Our spot.

I got dressed quickly. I ran down the stairs, quickly saying goodbye to my mom and dad. Telling them I'm going to meet peter at the park. I walked all the way to the park. Okay maybe I ran, but I had every reason to. I couldn't wait to see him.
I finally arrived at our spot. I smiled when I saw my cutie sitting there, on the bench. He was fiddling with a rose. I walked closer to him. He looked up at me, he didn't have the same smile he usually would. He had a tiny smile on his face. But it seemed like something was on his mind. I walked over and sat next to him. He grabbed my hand and put the rose in my hands. I smiled and smelled the rose. "Thanks Pete", I said smiling at him.

He smiled and kissed my knuckles.

He frowned a little. "What happened last night?", he asked me. I looked at him confused.
"I felt the pain coming from you, Were you hurting? Are you okay?", he asked me question after question. My eyes widened. Oh shit! He felt that? Great! Just great. Fuck my life.

I was afraid to tell him. I was afraid he would reject me. I turned my face away from him. So he wouldn't see the tear that fell down my cheek. He put a finger on my chin and moved it, so I looked at him. He frowned even more, and wiped away the tear.

"Chlo what's wrong? What is it that your not telling me?", he asked me. I could see the concern in his eyes, he had the right to know. No matter how much I didn't want to tell him. He had every right to know. I sniffled and tried to keep myself from crying. "If I tell you, you'll hate me", I said as I sniffled. He brushed his thumb over my cheek. "I highly doubt that", he said.
More tears ran down my cheeks. He wiped them away with both thumbs. He put his forehead to mine. His brown eyes looking into mine.

"Come on chlo, tell me, tell me baby", he said softly. It was the first Time he called me baby.
I sighed and closed my eyes.
"Come on Chlo open those beautiful eyes of yours, for me", he whispered to me.
I opened my eyes and shook my head. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should have never moved here, you wouldn't get hurt. I'm so stupid. I'm sorry", I said. I turned away from him. But he sat on the other side of me. So I couldn't get away from him. He looked concerned. "What are you talking about Chlo? You have to tell me baby?  What happened?", he asked me. He held my hands in his. Running his thumbs over my knuckles.

I sniffled and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. "My parents said they were a gift, that most people would love to get, but I call it a fucking Curse, I'm so sorry you have to do this Pete, just say the words and I won't bother you anymore, just say the words and I'll be gone the moment you say the words", I said crying as I gripped the sides of his face.

He gripped my wrists. "Chloe baby, your scaring me, tell what happened and I can help you through this. We can get through this", he said concerned. I sobbed even more.
I continued to sob, I sobbed and sobbed. I was so afraid that he would reject me.

I sighed. I was ready. I grabbed his hands in mine.

"There's a reason why I wear so many clothes, why I never take off my jacket, I was born with this, the doctors were shocked and didn't know nothing about it, apparently only a few people have more then one, but it's rare, and they mostly have only two or three, but I-I-I have e-e-eleven", I stuttered.

He looked confused, but I knew somewhere deep down, he knew what I was talking about. "Eleven What Chloe? What is it? You can tell me", he said.

I sighed again and gripped his hand. "Just know that I never wanted to hurt you, it wasn't my choice, you got to believe me, I didn't have a choice, I was born with them,

I-I-I-I have e-e-eleven soulmarks", I said closing my eyes tightly. I gripped his hand in mine. Afraid the minute I said the words he would disappear. And I was so scared that he would.

He lifted my head up, and I slowly opened my eyes. He looked at me, but surprisingly not in disgust. His eyes were soft but warm. He brought a hand up and caressed my cheek.
He leaned down and connected our lips together. I was shocked and surprised. But I then kissed back. Running my fingers through his soft hair.

It felt like fireworks were going off

It felt like fireworks were going off. It felt magical.

We pulled back slowly, my lip started to tremble. "Please don't leave me", I said, my voice cracking. I was so scared that he would leave me.
"I'm so scared Peter, I'm so scared", I said.
He gathered me in his arms. Hugging me tightly. "I'll never leave you Chlo, I'll always be here for you, I promise, I won't leave you. I'm here for you, I always will", he said whispering into my ear.

I sniffled and nodded into his chest. I felt him kiss my hairline. I sighed in relief.
He just held me, and I never wanted to leave his arms. He felt safe, and he felt like hope. He felt like happiness. I was slowly falling for him. And that's what I was scared of. I've never fell in love before and I'm scared of falling and he won't be there to catch me. What if I fall and he's not there to catch me?