Chapter 38 - Unforgiven

~ Unforgiven 2008 ~ 

Shawn and I were at the arena, Cheyenne and Eli were at the hotel with Paul who was out with another injury. Shawn was in a unsanctioned match in Jericho tonight and almost didn't let me join him to the arena. I knew the match tonight was going to be dangerous but that didn't stop me from wanting to join him in case anything went wrong.

"I want you to stay in the locker room." He said as I looked over at him confused 

"What why?" He turned to me and gently grabbed both of my hands in his, he then looked down to me and gave a small smile.

"I can't have you getting hurt."

"Psh, please Hickenbottom I just got back from baby house arrest i'm not leaving you alone for a minute."

He laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist, I wrapped mine around the back of his neck. "You were on baby house arrest because your body needed to heal, you know that."

I sighed and look up. "I know but me staying home for months while you're out here living the exciting life, not being able to be around you until you found time to come back home.. It's terrible Shawn. I really missed you."

"I know, trust me I missed you and them more than anything, I love you all more than anything. But I want you to be safe."

"Please Shawn." I basically begged, Jericho was going to have backup with him in the match tonight and that was obvious signs Shawn was going to get hurt badly.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry Y/n... but I can't risk it. Please stay in the locker room, for me."

I sighed once more and looked at him. "Fine.. I love you, just.. don't get yourself killed okay?"

Jericho had put Shawn through a lot this year, ramming his head through a TV which caused permanent damage to his eye, all the backstage fights they've had, Shawn was a cannon ready to explode and I was worried he would kill Jericho tonight if given the chance. 

He smiled, we shared a passionate kiss, longer than normal. "I love you too." He said quietly "I ever tell you how gorgeous you are?"

 I smiled and shook my head. "Almost everyday dear." 

We kissed once more and entered the locker room, I sat on a chair as Shawn began wrapping his hand and arm. I walked over and sat beside him beginning to wrap for him, he laughed a bit and smiled.

"I can do this on my own love."

I smirked and continued "If i'm stuck back here this is the least you could let me do."

After I finished we talked for an hour and called home to talk to Cheyenne and Eli before he left for his match. Once we hung up someone knocked on the door to let Shawn know his match was next, I stood up and looked at him.

"Don't kill anyone." I smiled and he laughed

"I won't, not all the way anyway." I shook my head and chuckled.

He then left and I sat back on the chair and watched the entrances, Shawn made his entrance with a pissed off and serious look on his face. He then charged in the ring and speared Jericho down.

Five minutes into the match Shawn was already looking for a weapon, he settled on a steel chair which Jericho ducked out of the way making the chair hit the ring pole and hurt his arm more. He then rammed Shawn's head into a announcer table.

The match was close to an hour long and every minute sitting in the locker room was torture. As expected Jericho got his henchman Big Cass to attack Shawn as well, using chairs, tables, anything they could find. I was closing to my breaking point, I could have simply turned off the TV at any time but at the same time I couldn't, I would still be able to hear crowd reactions and not knowing directly what would be happening would kill me even more. 

Shawn took off his belt and began whipping Chris with it. After Christ stopped responding the ref rang the bell signaling the end of the match, but Shawn kept attacking. He kept whipping until he wrapped the belt around his fist and began punching him with the buckle. Medical staff ran out to try and pull him off.

After ten minutes of them attempting to pull him off I ran out of the room and down to the ring. I slid in the ring and instantly wrapped my arms around Shawns waist. 

"Shawn please stop, you've done enough."

"I told you to stay in the locker room."

"And I told you not to try and kill anyone."

He then turned towards me, we locked eyes and he visually became less tense. I took his hand in mine and lead him over to the corner of the ring.

"Let's just go back to the hotel and see our babies okay?" He smiled and nodded, he held the ropes open for me to get out then followed behind.

We walked up the ramp holding hands as the crowd cheered, Once we got to the back we grabbed his bag and drove back to the hotel.

We entered the room and Cheyenne ran to Shawn and hugged him tightly, he hugged back as I walked over to the crib and picked up Eli, 

"Thanks for watching them" Shawn told Paul

"Anytime, not like I can do much else with a busted leg." They both laughed and Paul left back to his hotel room.

Shawn then walked over to me while holding Cheyenne and I smiled, we kissed as she looked away

"Gross" She said as Shawn put her down.

We both laughed and kissed once more I then handed Eli to him as he smiled and gently kissed him on the head. He then looked at the time. "Cheyenne bed time." He told her, she nodded and climbed into the second bed, within a few minutes she was fast asleep.

Shawn then laid Eli back in the portable crib we brought on every trip and looked at me. "I'm going to take a shower you head on to bed" 

I smiled "Or I can join you."

He smirked and nodded "I think I prefer that option"