Chapter 29 - Surprise

~ March 2000 ~ 

I was sitting on the couch as I watched Shawn put his wrestling attire into his bag. I began twirling my wedding band around my finger, Shawn and I had been married for a little over a year now, I looked down to the floor then Shawn walked up to me.

"You mind helping me put this on?" I smiled as I stood up as Shawn handed me his cross necklace, Shawn's mother had suggested for him to go back to his Christian routes and that it would help him greatly, so he tried it and found she was right.  

I latched his necklace on for him and he turned around and we kissed. "You coming with me tonight?" He asked and I shook my head.

I hadn't been feeling well for a few days and didn't have the energy to go anywhere lately. "I'm sorry Shawn, I just don't have the energy, but I'll be watching I promise." I smiled and he smiled back and nodded.

"Don't stay up too late then, you'll need all the rest you can get. I'll be coming straight home after RAW okay?" He said holding my hand as I nodded.

"I'll probably be asleep by the time you get back." I said looking up to him

"I would hope so" He laughed a bit

A few moments later he picked up his bag and walked over to me smiling. "I'm heading out now, i'll be back tonight." 

I smiled and nodded "I'll be watching" we kissed and he left towards the arena. 

~ A hour later ~ 

I heard a knock on the front door as I looked through the window and smiled opening the door to see Joan. "Hey! the boys didn't ask any questions did they?"

"Nah, I just told them I was going out to buy food, I'll pick some up on the way back, but for right now" She said as she pulled out a pregnancy test from her bag "This is for you, exact one you asked for but, are you sure you want to take that?"

I sigh and look at the box slowly taking it from her hands "Well, I have to know. Shawn and I did have a talk about children a few weeks ago and well.. Never hurts to check." 

She nodded "You're not nervous for the result?" 

"Oh no i'm terrified. But I mean who isn't nervous when you might be pregnant right?" I asked 

"Right, so you want me to stay for the result then?" She asked and smiled as I chuckled 

"It would help" 

Moments later Joan was standing outside the bathroom as I took the test, once I was done I opened the door and looked at her "Well we have like 15 minutes to kill for results, what time is it?"

"9:15, We can watch some of RAW while we're waiting" then I froze and thought about it

"Don't you have to be with them for Paul's match tonight?" Shawn was still the commissioner so he didn't wrestle.

"That's not until near the main event I have time to kill" I nodded as we sat on the couch and watched RAW

I kept glancing at the clock growing more nervous by the minute. Once the 15 minutes was finally up I stood up and walked back to the bathroom. I walked over to the sink where I had left the test and looked down at it.

"Well, what's the result?" Joan asked walking to the door

"I'm pregnant" I smiled as she ran over and hugged me and I hugged back 

"Congratulations! Shawn will be thrilled when you tell him!" She said smiling

I smiled and nodded, we both looked at the time "I should get back to the arena before the boys freak out, I'll see you later!" She said and walked to the front door, I told her bye and walked back to the couch and sat down.

Shawn was on the TV doing a segment and I smiled, I couldn't wait to tell him the news.

~ Shawn's P.O.V ~ 

After my segment I went back to the locker room to see Joan had finally come back, she'd been gone for about an hour. "Where have you been?" I asked 

"I told you both I went to go get food now here." She said as she laid food down on the table in the corner of the room.

"Alright well I'm going to call Y/N so give me a minute." They both nodded as I called 

"Hello?" I heard her say as she answered the phone

"Hey, you feeling any better?"

"I'm feeling amazing, You're doing great out there by the way commissioner" She said and I smiled. "Oh! I have a surprise for you when you get home tonight"

I chuckled "What surprise?"

"Well that's the point of a surprise silly I can't tell you until you're home." She laughed 

"Ah you torture me woman, I'll see you when I get home then, I love you."

"I love you too" She said and we hung up 

~ Y/N's P.O.V | 2 Hours Later ~ 

I was standing in the living room waiting on Shawn to come home, I was a nervous wreck. Ten minutes later I hear the front door open and turn around to see Shawn walking in, I smiled as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You feeling okay?" He asked and I laughed

"I'm fantastic." I said smiling as he smiled back 

"So, there's this surprise i've been hearing about" He said as I sat us both down on the couch

"Give me just a second" I got up and went to the bathroom where the test still laid on the sink, I took it and put it in my pocket walking back into the living room smiling. "Okay"

I sat on a chair beside the couch where Shawn sat. "Okay, You know I've been feeling bad for a few days, and well.. After our conversation from a few weeks ago I just wanted to make sure. So, I had Joan buy me a test-" Shawn began smiling and I smiled back

"And she stayed here for the results with me and.. Shawn.. I'm pregnant." 

Shawn stood up smiling and I stood up as well. "You're certain?" 

I nodded as I pulled the test out and handed it to Shawn, he looked at it then laid it on the table, He lifted me up and spun me around

"That's amazing!" He said smiling, he then put me back on the ground and we kissed "I love you so much"

"I love you too" I smiled and we kissed once more.